Toribash
Original Post
RAM
CYRI said that I got 1023.2 GB RAM.
Does that means I got 1 piece of 1 GB RAM or 2 pieces of 512 RAM?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
wait..... you actually have open you pc to figure that out...... but most likely you have two cards of 512 each.
I'm a fucking professional!
Originally Posted by laststand View Post
wait..... you actually have open you pc to figure that out...... but most likely you have two cards of 512 each.

Ugh..
Since I wanted to play Skyrim, Skyrim needs 2 GB of RAM, if I got 1 piece of 1 GB RAM, I only need to buy another one, but if I got 2 piece of 512 RAM, I'll have to buy 2 piece of 1 GB RAM right?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Depends on how many slots do you have, if you have more than 2 slots (Which is very likely) there is no problem, also i would recommend buying 1 more RAM GB
Originally Posted by tato64 View Post
Depends on how many slots do you have, if you have more than 2 slots (Which is very likely) there is no problem, also i would recommend buying 1 more RAM GB

Ugh.....
Now how can I know how many slots I got?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Open the System unit (CPU) and look at the RAM slots on motherboard. They look like this:

In this picture, ram is used in ALL the slots.

From here on, you can figure out how much ram you got on each slot. If you got only one ram stick, it means you have one Gb ram with all other slots open. If there are two ram sticks, it means you have two 512 Mb rams combining up to one Gb
Last edited by Hero; Nov 20, 2011 at 05:09 AM.
Originally Posted by Akmal View Post
Open the System unit (CPU) and look at the RAM slots on motherboard. They look like this:

In this picture, ram is used in ALL the slots.

From here on, you can figure out how much ram you got on each slot. If you got only one ram stick, it means you have one Gb ram with all other slots open. If there are two ram sticks, it means you have two 512 Mb rams combining up to one Gb

So almost all CPU's got more then 2 slots?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Akmal is right, but if you're planning to get more than 4 GB Ram your PC would not read it if you have 32 Bit so before you get 5-8 GB Ram upgrade to 64 Bit

You can check it yourself, If i'm not mistaken most CPU's today have more than 2 slots
Last edited by Meap; Nov 20, 2011 at 05:40 AM.
reasonably happy | if gamer grill inbx me | Nightin: hack THIS *unzips dick*
until next time
Okay,just checked on crucial.com,and this is the results:

That means I got 1 piece of 1 GB RAM right?

And Meapie, I'm only planning to upgrade my RAM to 2 GB.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Yes you have 1 piece of 1 GB Ram and its seems that you only have two slots, Also, I said that for future references
reasonably happy | if gamer grill inbx me | Nightin: hack THIS *unzips dick*
until next time