Ranking
Original Post
ToriBash Malware?
Hi, i'm new and am considering downloading the game. But when I click the download button my anti virus (Avira) tells me the download page is malware. When I go to the page tosee exactly what it means this comes up:
Malware websites

A website with a file that contains an undesired program. These programs are malicious software, also referred to as malware. In this category we include adware, spyware, Trojans, backdoors, boot viruses, exploits, viruses (macro viruses, polymorphous viruses, script viruses), etc.

\
I know this anti virus isn't fake but I was wondering if this is true and can someone confirm that this isn't true? Sorry for the thread I just want to make sure it's legit.
Make sure you're on http://www.toribash.com/downloads.php, first off.

If the download links from that exact address are giving malware alerts, then your antivirus program is giving you a false positive. They'll happen from time to time on any "automated" antivirus.

You'll be safe downloading anything from that exact address.
I did get a virus from toribash once i was on the replay thread hadn't downloaded anything and avast picked up a virus and the virus name had a familiar toribash name but I don't remember what it was
Alright thanks. I'll disable the alert and download it. Thanks for the help
-----
@smashin wait what? umm are you sure this has no malware?
Last edited by NormenJaydenFBI; Aug 30, 2011 at 05:22 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by NormenJaydenFBI View Post
Alright thanks. I'll disable the alert and download it. Thanks for the help
-----
@smashin wait what? umm are you sure this has no malware?

There no way you could get a virus or any malware or spyware while browsing the forums. Not because it's not possible, but they would get caught real quick.

Not a lot of people want to browse sketchy forums, Nabi knows this and keeps everything clean.
<Crooked> I'd say spartan, cause if he's tough enough to digest ungodly amounts of alcohol he clearly has the best body
Originally Posted by smashin455 View Post
I did get a virus from toribash once i was on the replay thread hadn't downloaded anything and avast picked up a virus and the virus name had a familiar toribash name but I don't remember what it was

I know, I was referring to this.

But the download is more than safe, your antivirus is giving you a false positive.
<Crooked> I'd say spartan, cause if he's tough enough to digest ungodly amounts of alcohol he clearly has the best body
yea wtf u think a game lyk this 1 culd b a virus?? lol i dont think so its just sum1 wuldve alerted the police or somthin if it was and got the websight shut down XD
Try download ESET and scan folder with it
--------
I have Avast and when I scanned my toribash folder(only for info) i didn't find anything.