Ranking
Original Post
How do you get members?
Just wondering whats the most popular methods you guys have of collecting members for clan, or organisations. Also tell me how effective you think they are.
TINT
TA | TGO | TMA
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Made by Fenris
Going in-game, and asking people brown belt+ to apply for my clan. Easiest and most effective way of getting members.
That guy named Poppo
You know, the leader of Fyre.
I see you're advertising it in your sig, that's good. But probably going in game, almost scouting for players and inviting.
Originally Posted by poppo361 View Post
Going in-game, and asking people brown belt+ to apply for my clan. Easiest and most effective way of getting members.

Originally Posted by JayStar View Post
I see you're advertising it in your sig, that's good. But probably going in game, almost scouting for players and inviting.

In-game doesnt work that well though im finding, if you for example create a recruiting server ingame people often havnt even heard about forums before or are a bunch of immature 8 year olds who apply to 500 cans at once. Thats half the reason i posted this beacasue finding quality members who stay active is like finding a strand of hay, in a huge ass pile of needles.
TINT
TA | TGO | TMA
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Made by Fenris
Get some prestige to your clan. I would suggest only recruiting people who you think are cool, and tolerable, so you don't have too many clashing personalities. You should know the people who you want for your clan pretty well, or there is a chance that they could leave once a slightly 'cooler' clan says hi to them in hopes that they can join it. It all comes with time, you can't expect to have the best personalities and most skilled players. Most great clans, such as Alpha, eVo, and if I do say so myself, Evil, rose up and collected cool people, who they became friends with quickly. Those cool people attracted their friends, who were also cool, and voila, over time, they became some of the most well known clans in toribash.

To be honest, having an advertisement in your sig rarely attracts the kind of attention you want.
Hoss.
Start out with your friends. Then have your friends friends join in. Then have your friends friends friends join in. So on and so on
Your signature has been banned because it draws in hate. Thank you, Toribash Community.
Lots and lots of sexual favours.

Or the OP's post for a small clan, and Hyde's post for a very successful clan.
the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma
Friends are the key. Right now, my clan has roughly 8 members, but I know each one of them to the core, and wouldn't quit it for anything in the world. Keep in mind that it's not a competition. The moment you stop having fun is the moment you should simply stop.
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
New things need big names to be taken somewhat seriously.
otherwise start small with trusted/close members and work upwards.

RAWR started with 5 relatively smalltime, but close members, now 75% of our members are/have been in major positions of authority, coming second in the clan league two years in a row and other major achievments by individuals.

pick your members carefully and you can do well.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
It's pretty hard to add a bunch of cool member quickly. Most serious, mature players would be drawn to more established clans. You'll just have to find those who you respect ingame and hope that they are slightly active in the forums. Our clan is pretty much comprised of a core set of members who get along pretty well and another set of people who applied more recently. Most of those that apply or are invited move on or quit tb altogether, but once in a while, they stick and so we grow.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]