Ranking
Original Post
How to properly recolor an existing flame?
Hey guys,

I'm wondering how you recolor flames using the Flame particle texture, without changing the shape and size of the flames particles?
I know about the color inverting and all that, but nothing I have tried seems to keep the soft round shape of my flames.

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks
You'll have to excuse me, I'm not at my best. I've been gone for a month, I've been drunk since I left.
I don't think that's possible.
If it is, try a circle and change the color. I've never done it before, but that's just my guess.
[04:34] <siku> i can already tell you 2 are awful since piratez is a terrible clan that cares about post count above everything else
Ah, well I've tried a circle, like the one I have now, I also tried a soft round brush to mimic the stock shape, but it just turned into a solid circle....So I'm guessing your right about it being impossible.

Pablo: I'm not sure what your trying to say....I'm looking for the stock shape, like a soft round circle, not a brain. And I already know about the color inverting.
Last edited by Jebus; Aug 4, 2011 at 05:31 AM.
You'll have to excuse me, I'm not at my best. I've been gone for a month, I've been drunk since I left.
I've actually seen it before. If I gave you the pic or used it though, which I do not own, that would be stealing. All it is is basically a gradient forming a circle on the inside.
inq.
Sham: Well thats not very helpful... Could you at least tell me who I can contact about acquiring this particle?

Lil: I already know about the colors, you just color it the way you like, then invert it. However, I'm trying to figure out how to shape the particles.
I'm trying to recolor my void flames to Shaman and keep their default soft round shape. I have the color down, however every-time I use a soft round brush to make the shape, its just a solid circle in-game. Which looks pretty bad.
Ah, I figured it out.
If anybody else is wondering, you simply make the soft round shape and save it as a TGA. I was saving it as a png before.
Thanks for the input fellas.
Originally Posted by jebus903 View Post
Ah, I figured it out.
If anybody else is wondering, you simply make the soft round shape and save it as a TGA. I was saving it as a png before.
Thanks for the input fellas.

Sounds interesting.
Can you send me it? I'd like to recolor my flame aswell.
[04:34] <siku> i can already tell you 2 are awful since piratez is a terrible clan that cares about post count above everything else
Sure, what color would you like it?