Toribash
Original Post
Best Gravity?
Hey Guys.

Ive seen alot of different people saying things about the gravity and what they use ect.

So i was wondering what the normal gravity, -20 and -30 gravitys pros and cons are, and what they are each best for? (like what playstyle/how do they affect the play)

And also what gravity you use/think is best and why? And which is best for just general practice?

Sorry about the amount of questions, im just trying to get this sorted in my head :P

Thanks
9.82 is good for destroying shit in my opinion, and 30 is good for realism, spars, tricking, parkour etc. etc.
Personally i prefer 30.
It's All About Expansion
It's basically what Danzos said, but -30 isn't just for realism, a lot of replay makers these days use -30 to mix in realism with destruction. It also gives you better control over what you do, instead of hitting uke, than flailing off somewhere.
And some people do say, when you use -30, you can dismember more easily than you can in -9.82, since uke just gets pushed around in the lower gravity, -30 makes him stay still after a hit. (if you catch my drift)
No one really uses 20 unless a mod comes like that. -32 is the closest I've gotten to total realism in gravity, but -30 is what most people use for realistic looking replays. -9.82 is fun for craziness.
I usually use the default -9.82. But it depends on how you want your tori move. If like to perform the light foot kick or the cloud kick, you can lessen the gravity so your like a flying monk. If you want to feel heavy, increase the gravity like being a juggernaut(but sometimes juggernauts can jump high while staying heavy. you can use scripts for that or make a mod and add bounce to a platform).
~knight zero~