Toribash
Original Post
[TEX] The 3rd coming of Monobi
[EDIT 1] Added two more 17/07/11
[EDIT 2] Added one more 18/07/11
[EDIT 3] Added my personal 26/07/11
[EDIT 4] Added one more 02/08/11
[EDIT 5] Previews removed due to hosting site deactivated 30/07/23

Last edited by Monobi; Jul 31, 2023 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Previews removed due to hosting site deactivated 30/07/23
"Anything running perfectly is running like clockwork."
Brilliant work, I got no words to describe these masterpieces. The design, shading, basically everything is great.

Of all 3, I have to say that Olguh is your best work so far. I'm glad that you started to make 512 size heads and I hope that your work continues to get better and better
Everything was done using Photoshop CS5 with a tablet and the Toribash game. Everything
whoa xD epic works... it's incredible how people does masterpieces like this...you should teach me xD btw... can i buy the latest head? ^^
|[Essence]|GATA|Artist Co-Op|Italians Do It Better|TA|
|Pulse|HARWARE|bRuCiA|Weddark|Zalmoxis|
Sorry Dae, but the head is currently under the ownership of Zalmoxis.
And thank you for your comments

Anyone care to point out things I could improve on?
They look amazing, especially the middle. I really like the style of the hair on Beethoven. I don't like the mapping of the face on the right head.
I know Sunny was wanting a request from you, since you did nice work on his head.
If you posted spinnies of these heads i'm sure I could point out one or two more minor things.

Hungover Beethoven:

The raw skill within this is incredible, I could actually show this to someone and they would know(Well, a smart-ish person) and they would know who it is. Although, one of the things I would like to point out the noise looks rather fat and 'box-ish'(No box, i'm not talking about you, I mean a real box). Like uhh, it should curve more and be more natural shaped, like this(I didn't makes this, it's a image from google).

See how it curved in and then back out? Think of it as some sort of mutated hour-glass(Even though i'm pretty sure you could nail the mapping if you gave it a small edit, i've seen more of your work a long time ago, my join date lies).

The other thing I would like to point out is the white strands of hair upon this great mans head. They look to thick compared to the rest of the hair strands. Especially the ones on the middle part(His 'fringe'?)/above his face.

7/10.

Monobi:
Me likey, the one thing that put me off is the reflection in his eye has its own outline rather than going over the top of the iris/pupils outline. You created a head for me a long time ago which was basically just leaves with two glowing eyes coming from within. If you still know where that as I think that the leaves you drew on that were very nicer than the current ones on this head and would fit in faaar better.

I do not like the back of this head, I have no idea what it's supposed to be but i'm assuming some sort of plant/bush/berries/thorns? something along the lines of that anyway.

The one thing I have to point out is how well you have made the 'upper lip' part, seriously. I almost jizzed in my pants when I noticed it, it really is the highlight of the entire head.

Olguh:
I hate this head very much. Don't get me wrong, there isn't a major reason I don't like it, it's just not my type of head. I don't have any negative CnC for this head, however. In my own opinion you could create a second version I think would look much better.

1. Circulaur eyes.
2. More depth less blur on some parts of the teeth.
3. More definition on the 'eyebrows'.
4. The metal 'pipe' isn't the same size all the way around(If this was intentional dis-regard this).
5. More shading/depth underneath and around the bottom of the mouth.
6. No random lines on the 'brain'. It looks horrible.

The one thing I think is great about this head though is the skin part in between those metal pipe parts and the 'brain'. I love how you shaded and outlined those vein type things. Really superb.

Please don't take any of this as insulting or whatever, that wasn't my intention. I'm just harsh with CnC alot of the time.
Back for good.
Beethovens boss.
point and bridge of the nose is a little wide, and the nostril holes are too small for the size of the nostrils.
the ridge over the eyes could be a little more defined
but the drawing work is pretty A.
not a fan of how he's balding tho, its like you got bored and didnt want to finish it.

might throw that in the expo, shout at me if you make any changes to it

not a fan of the other 2 at all
they lack the flare and originality of your old stuff.
ogluh still looks like a sketch to me, looks like a better shaded, but less funky version of chris's stuff
the monobi one, looks like a ferrock piece with chris style shading.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Wow, this is a lot of c&c to read when I got back. Thanks!

Beethoven is still somewhat unfinished, but I posted it up for the lulz. Thanks for the help on the nose, that was much needed. I'll post a new preview for it later! And yes, I did get bored with the top as the hair is waaaay unfinished also. I just loved the baldingness xD

Monobi is a parasite, somewhat. The little twig things are like tiny legs, the back is a spine, and the top is plating. It looks fine enough to go with the set I'm making myself. Well-shaded cartoon. (That's why the highlight has an outline)

Now, Olguh. Olguh here is supposed to be deformed and offset. Very unfinished but as it was for free, I couldn't be bothered to finish it. Think of it more as a concept, however I will take head of your comments and I may finish it at a later date.

As for now, I've been doing more practicing on shading and tried my hand at vectors. I've added two more to the first post!