Toribash
Original Post
Simple music-making software?
Do any of you know of a free downloadable music making softwares? I've been looking for a while, the only things I've found are free trials, or software that wouldn't let me save any of my music. So if you could refer me to something free (legal) that works, I'd really appreciate it.
It really depends on what you're wanting to make. There are free music notation programs like MuseScore, chiptune trackers like Famitracker and audio editors and mixers like Audacity. I'm not familiar with any good, free "FL Studio lites" if that's what you're looking for though.
I've only really used Audacity for recording (which it is great for) and in my experience the editing options were not really useful. Despite its appearance some people make amazing stuff with Mario Paint Composer.
Here's Mixer and keep in mind that it's only number one on the freeware list so there are a bunch of others.
Good luck!
Last edited by Hetauma; Jun 1, 2011 at 06:41 PM.
Unskilled-Skilled
ヘタうま
I prefer to use Famitracker because it was really simple after I sat there for an hour looking at all the stuff and what it did.