Toribash
Original Post
Monster Hunter
Do you know a game called Monster Hunter,if no leave this page, if yes you come to right place

Monster Hunter is action RPG game.

in monster hunter our goal is to slain monster that request
it can be played multiplayer

Monster Hunter have many version
-Monster Hunter 1---->PS 1
-Monster Hunter 2---->PS 2
-Monster Hunter Freedom---->PSP
-Monster Hunter Unite---->PSP
-Monster Hunter Freedom Unite---->PSP
-Monster Hunter 3 Portable---->PSP
-Monster Hunter Tri---->WII
-Monster Hunter Frontier--->PC

What Makes Monster Hunter fun
It have various weapon,and it fun for killing something

This game isn't for everyone, but for those of you who it'll click with, it's addicting as hell.
There are two different quest types:
Chief quests, who are intended for single player, and have missions directed towards one-person parties (Although in some releases you may have a companion animal, such as a cat in Freedom Unite.)
These get the average player through the game at a relatively average pace.

There are also Guild Quests, which are directed towards multi-player parties.
However, they are possible to do alone, but the creatures have increased health. Many people find it worth it, though, because you can get better carves and rewards from Guild and High rank quests.

When you slay a monster, you may stand over its' carcass and press the circle button. You pull out a hunting knife, and slice a chunk out of the dead animal, and you get something from it. Various creatures allow you to carve them various amounts, and different creatures have different carves. Naturally, you wouldn't get a Conga pelt from a Velociprey, nor would you get a Velociprey scale from a Conga.

There are also "Large Monsters," which sort of serve as bosses. Sometimes they are packleaders of a group of weaker animals, and are not too problematic, like Velocidromes, which are a larger, stronger version of the Velociprey. Then there are flying or fire Wyverns, or even Elder Dragons, who often are killed through long, nerve-racking battles. However, the end result is satisfaction and good carves and rewards, which you can use to make better equipment such as swords, hammers, bows, bowguns, lances, and several other types, as well as armor that specializes in your fighting style.

Srry if many grammar mistake
Last edited by brachaikal; Apr 24, 2011 at 02:47 AM.
Current Teknik TC:30000tc
Monster Hunter Freedom unite; HR5
117:05 Gametime.
How about you?

This game isn't for everyone, but for those of you who it'll click with, it's addicting as hell.
There are two different quest types:
Chief quests, who are intended for single player, and have missions directed towards one-person parties (Although in some releases you may have a companion animal, such as a cat in Freedom Unite.)
These get the average player through the game at a relatively average pace.

There are also Guild Quests, which are directed towards multi-player parties.
However, they are possible to do alone, but the creatures have increased health. Many people find it worth it, though, because you can get better carves and rewards from Guild and High rank quests.

When you slay a monster, you may stand over its' carcass and press the circle button. You pull out a hunting knife, and slice a chunk out of the dead animal, and you get something from it. Various creatures allow you to carve them various amounts, and different creatures have different carves. Naturally, you wouldn't get a Conga pelt from a Velociprey, nor would you get a Velociprey scale from a Conga.

There are also "Large Monsters," which sort of serve as bosses. Sometimes they are packleaders of a group of weaker animals, and are not too problematic, like Velocidromes, which are a larger, stronger version of the Velociprey. Then there are flying or fire Wyverns, or even Elder Dragons, who often are killed through long, nerve-racking battles. However, the end result is satisfaction and good carves and rewards, which you can use to make better equipment such as swords, hammers, bows, bowguns, lances, and several other types, as well as armor that specializes in your fighting style.

I haven't played over 100 hours for nothing. :P
thx for your info
-----
im still searching for Monster Hunter 3 for WII
for now i only play Monster Hunter 1 for PS 1 but sometimes i borrowed my friend PSP to play MH 3 Portable
Last edited by brachaikal; Apr 24, 2011 at 02:25 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I just figured I'd drop that explanation so people who were interested could get a more in-depth glimpse of the MH world.

For the wii, it's called "Monster Hunter Tri" So if you're having trouble finding it, try searching that instead of 3.

I wish Portable 3rd generation for the PSP was out in the US already.. I hate waiting!
These days I mostly play Monster Hunter Portable 3rd.
I used to play Freedom Unite and was lucky to have quite a few friends who also played it, but my save got corrupted somehow so I moved to Portable 3rd.

Previous rank on Freedom Unite = HR9
Current rank on 3rd = HR2 (mostly because I have no one to play 3rd with. Although I have finished all the elder quests apart from the Deviljho one.)

I didn't particularly like Monster Hunter Tri. Something just seemed to be lacking from it.

Oh, also you're missing Monster Hunter Frontier, but that's a Japan and Korea exclusive for PC.
4zb, I'm on the high-rank guild quests, and I'm stuck on the urgent where you have to kill/repel the rust Lao Shan.. My friend and I made it to area 5 and by the time time ran out, we had 70% integrity.. But it said we lost. How come it didn't flee? We were non-stop attacking his face, so I don't get why he wasn't weak enough. We even managed the lucky double-dragonator, where it hits him twice. Any advice?
Haha, what a coincidence. I'm literally just about to walk out the door and buy a bundle of monster hunter tri and the Wii Classic Controller Pro at Gamestop.

It'll be our second copy, since we have two Wiis, and my gf and I want to level up characters using only online quests.

I highly recommend the game btw, but if you're going to get it, buy the bundle with the black controller. It was literally made for Monster Hunter Tri.

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Hunter.../dp/B0036KRP3Q

You can find them at Gamestops too.

Also, really excited for the new PSP monster hunter game coming out.
Pope of BnW[Torigod]Lord of WibblesYouTubeToriblog AdminInterface Artist
(,,゚Д゚) -"Become a fan. DO IT."

Hyperboloids of wondrous Light
Rolling for aye through Space and Time
Harbour those Waves which somehow Might
Play out God's holy pantomime

Also, Gubbin is neat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
his strength and weakness
For the longest time, players were only able to guess at what elements would work against their enemies. With the PSP games introducing the information of a weapon's exact element and attribute output, it has become easier to see which weapon fits against what monster. For a while, players only saw the Dragon element as a way to fell the gigantic Lao Shan. However now it is widely known that the Fire element has almost as good an effect. He is however, resistant to the Water and Ice elements, with neutrality to the Thunder element.
Although it is considered common sense, the only weak areas of the Lao Shan Lung are the exposed underside. His tail however, presents no such vulnerability. His head, although covered in plate armor, is also rather weak to weaponry. His greatest weak spot is his stomach. Many players choose to use a Hammer or Greatsword and swing away at this one area on his body. Other prefer lances and impale his face numerous times. His legs are also susceptible to weaponry, with enough damage even causing Lao Shan to crash into the ground. the front legs offer only a momentary pause, while the back legs keep him down for a decent amount of time. When he does in fact fall down, a great amount of force often brushes players away or knocks them over, causing damage