Ranking
Original Post
Good Computer
Hey I am looking to get a good computer, if I don't get a mac what type of system would I need to run ray tracing all the time. The computer I have now is pretty fast and its decent though it lags with shaders on.
hi.
hard to say about the exact computer
but i would recommend the following three model
fujusu, hp, and sony
fujusu and hp are relatively cheap if you buy i5 intel
sony got the most advance tech and have the highest processor speed as far as i know (around the same or even higher than mac)
i know ray-trace will be good for i7 processer
but if you want cheaper go for i5 processer, but i cant grantee the ray-trace results
so be safe i7
and for RAM 4 gb will be good
but dont ask me about graphic card, i'm no expert at that
What is your budget? How much are you willing to spend for a computer? If your aiming for a desktop either build the computer yourself or get a 'non-brand' computer such as from Msy or something, where they build the entire computer for you and is much cheaper than a brand computer. I'm getting a desktop with i72600k core, gtx580 graphics card and 8gb ram. As with case and a lot more for just $1500. But this is just my opinion. I'd say just go by your gut.
Life is like Basketball. Aim, Concentrate, Balance and Following through. That's all you ever need to accomplish your goals.
Hmm..
How much are you looking to spend on this computer?
Do you have any strict requirements on the computer you're buying?
I'd recommend a Windows 7 XPStudio (almost 1 TB memory in hard drive), or an Alienware computer.
Both are great computers, especially for gaming.
BAD LUCK
I have a $1000 AUD budget to spend on a computer, and yes I am looking for a laptop. Also the computer I am on now is i3 Core.
hi.
I see, what will you be doing most on it? Heavy gaming? Picture/video editing? Casual? Work?
If your aiming for a gaming laptop I don't think $1000 will be enough.
Life is like Basketball. Aim, Concentrate, Balance and Following through. That's all you ever need to accomplish your goals.
I will mainly be -

Gaming
Photoshop
Movie making (toribash, etc)
Facebook

How much do you think I should have then?
hi.
Humm.. it might depend on where you live. But I'll have a little scan around. As I said I'm not very savvy with laptops.
lol to be honest
i3 is enough for all that
but seeing you said you want ray-tracing
i'd say i5 2.6 - 2.7 ghz should be ok, but no grantees
i7 will cause i think around 1,200 us dollars where i live
and if you want video edit, mac is more preferable, also mac os is a lot more simple than windows so things will go a lot more smoother, i'm currently using mac intel duo 2 and it's already enough but i dont run ray trace, so yeah.
and i think the current mac i5 is around 1300 us dollar while i7 is 1600 us dollar