Ranking
Original Post
L.A. Noire
If you were to ask the average gamer the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the name 'Rockstar,' a vast majority of the time their first response will be 'Grand Theft Auto.' There wouldn't be anything wrong with that response: Since the release of Grand Theft Auto 3 to the masses, Rockstar has almost become synonymous with the series and things like violence, great open-world gameplay, and, in some cases, controversy. What some gamers fail to realize is that with the success that Rockstar has had from Grand Theft Auto, they have been able to release other games that may not have gotten the same critical acclaim as their most famous franchise, but are great in their own right. The themes of games such as Bully and Manhunt were nearly on polar opposites of the spectrum, but each was a unique take on a part of the human existence that other studios may not have visited. L.A. Noire is the next big thing to come from Rockstar, and together with developer Team Bondi, they have crafted a game that looks to both take us on another fantastic journey in a different direction from GTA and possibly break the mold for crime games going forward.
L.A. Noire is set in the 1940s, and players take control of protagonist Cole Phelps, a detective with the LAPD. Contrary to what some people may have thought upon first hearing that Rockstar is involved with the game, Phelps is not a corrupt cop. In Noire, you play the good guy; you are a war veteran who takes a job in Los Angeles and your sights are set on cleaning up the streets. This is not Grand Theft Auto 1947. Phelps is a detective who solves crimes by doing real police work, not by driving as fast as he can and shooting everything that moves.
Missions begin by sending you and your partner to a crime scene where you must use your own skills in determining what is or is not a relevant clue. When a clue or piece of evidence is found, Phelps will jot it down in his notebook, which serves as a hub for any information gathered to use later on in the investigation. In one example given, players may find a wallet that contains an address at the scene of a crime. Phelps will take that address down, and after completing their investigation of the crime scene, they may choose to head to the address to further progress the investigation. Depending on how thorough players are in examining their surroundings, they may have an easier time determining their next course of action. Missing an important piece of evidence will not mean that the mission cannot be completed; it just means that there may be more leg work involved to successfully solve the case.
Visually, Noire looks absolutely amazing. The studio has done motion capture on about 300 actual actors and actresses that populate the game world, and the technology that they are using allows them to capture an actual 3D model of the actor and their face rather than recording separate audio and then animating a character to match. Phelps is played by Aaron Staton, and fans of AMC's Mad Men will immediately recognize the actor due to how accurately the technology captures intricacies in the human face. This attention to detail also helps to enhance the character interaction; players will be able to get a read on suspects based on their facial reactions to questions or evidence. If an NPC starts to look nervous based on something that the player just asked, chances are that there is something more that the NPC is hiding, and this is an indication to push harder.
The game world itself also looks fantastic. Rockstar and Team Bondi have paid an enormous amount of attention to detail to recreate Los Angeles circa 1947. Everything, from the automobiles to the clothing people wear to the weapons and city itself, looks like it belongs and should definitely help to immerse the player into the experience. According to Rockstar, Noire is also supposed to take place in the largest game world that they have designed to date, which means more real estate to explore and comb for clues. For gamers who do not enjoy travelling between A and B, fear not; fast travel is still an option, but for those of you who like to check every nook and cranny of game space, it looks like you could be busy for quite some time.

Fans of Grand Theft Auto will find some similarities here; Rockstar has said that there are still action scenes, car chases, and some instances where using your gun and shooting your way out of a jam will still occur. It is important to note, however, that the insanity and chaos that made up some of GTA's missions is not the focus of Noire; it is a more story-driven and in some cases linear experience. GTA fans will still enjoy Noire, but they need to play it with an open mind and expect some differences.
It remains to be seen how well the mission structure of Noire will hold up over the course of the game. Everything sounds great on paper, and the game looks beautiful, but nothing would take away from the experience more than if it devolves into a game of trial and error to solve each crime. All signs point to this not being the case, but until the game's release, all that we can do is speculate. One thing is certain, however; pretty much anything that Rockstar touches is gold, and come this spring (hopefully!!) we will get our chance to see for ourselves.

THIS IS A PREVIEW MADE BY A FREELANCER WRITER AT CHEATCC.COM

http://www.cheatcc.com/imagesps3/lanoire_1a.jpg
http://www.cheatcc.com/imagesps3/lanoire_4a.jpg
http://www.cheatcc.com/imagesps3/lanoire_7a.jpg
http://www.cheatcc.com/imagesps3/lanoire_8a.jpg
Screenshots ^ ^
System: Ps3 and Xbox 36
Buckshot Aspirin to ease ur headache
Does the bible of free roaming games come with a release date?
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
If you read the entire post you will see
" Coming out this spring(hopefully)"
thats the release date anyday at spring
Buckshot Aspirin to ease ur headache
I kinda like detective work mixing with free roaming. It's like Ace Attorney mixing with GTA.

I know it's story driven, but got any info for multiplayer if there is any?
Rappunk said I need to put him on my sig :P
"So what if I lied? At least I'm honest about it."
Highly anticipating this game, but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed back.
collect snots from the nose
Originally Posted by Gynx View Post
Highly anticipating this game, but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed back.

this.