Toribash
Original Post
Guides and Walkthroughs
So, I'm just wondering what your stance is on the use of guides and walkthroughs, particularly during someones first run of a game.

I've noticed it happening more and more (in the past it would be passed by word of mouth and from nintendopower or something and even further back there were no guides), and in fact I've noticed people relying on guides for very basic games.

Frankly I think it kills the gaming experience and using a guide, even for completion sake is total aids.
i only look for a guide if i realy cont get pass somthing like at the moment im stuck on AC2 finalt boss fight i need to fix my armor but i can back ou of the fight and i dont want to resart
I just use guides when I stuck
and when there is some really important and unique event
the extras and hints parts esécially
Originally Posted by Malvie View Post
In my opinion, if you can't play the game, don't buy it.

Err, how would you know if you can't play it, without buying it? Demos are atypical nowadays, and hell, most of them are really bad at showcasing the game's difficult portions, which is the one case I'd use a guide.

Using a guide really diminishes the sense of accomplishment you'd get from beating a game with no outside aid, and that's basically all it does, if someone wishes to spoil their experience, by all means, let them.
<~suomynona> TITS OR ELEELETH
If I screw up my game like I don't have the money in the game to buy a weapon needed to kill a boss that's when I look for guides.
During the first run it destroys all the fun to me. I'll only check them if I'm REALLY REALLY STUCK AND HAVE BEEN FOR A FEW DAYS AND HOURS OF GOING ABOUT.
I used to use guides alot back when I played the nintendo 64 ( and still do play sometimes ) and never really found anything wrong about it, in the past few years I haven't used them though and wouldn't bother buying the game if it wasn't me finishing it.
I personally love guides. I'm not one who really cares about cheating or spoilers. I just so happen to hate how long it can take to actually get and read them, so I end beating games either through sheer stubbornness or dumb luck. More of the former.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
I use guides when I think that my frustration on the problem I'm trying to solve outgoes the loss in my sense of accomplishement.