Toribash
Original Post
Entropia Universe - Ever wanted to make money while playing games?

What is Entropia Universe?

Entropia Universe is a massively multiplayer online virtual universe designed by Swedish software company MindArk, based in Gothenburg. Entropia uses a micropayment business model, in which players may buy in-game currency (PED - Project Entropia Dollars) with real money that can be redeemed back into real world funds at a fixed exchange rate. This means that virtual items acquired within Entropia Universe have a real cash value, and a participant may, at any time, initiate a withdrawal of their accumulated PEDs back into real world currencies according to the fixed exchange rate, minus transaction fees, the minimum amount for a withdrawal is 1000 PED. As a result, revenue of the business is largely generated from activities within the virtual universe. As of 2009, the revenue model has proven to be sustainable and profitable.
The Entropia Universe is a direct continuation of Project Entropia, with MindArk reporting a 2006 in-game turnover of over 3.6 Billion PED ($360 Million USD. Strategic partnerships with media companies and financial institutions combined with the addition of new or enhanced developer tools in 2008 are expected to allow for the construction of new planets, to exist within the financial structure of Entropia Universe, for third party content providers to develop and market independently.
The Entropia online community claims to have over 810,000 registered participants from over 220 countries and dependent territories.
The Entropia Universe entered the Guinness World Records Book in both 2004 and 2008 for the most expensive virtual world objects ever sold, and in 2010, a virtual space station, a popular destination, sold for $330,000.

More Information
10 PED = 1$
Entropia Universe consists of 2 planets for the moment.
The first planet is Planet Calypso, the main planet.
The second planet is ROCKTropia, a planet where artists can release their albums and such. Both of these planets are run by sepreate companys

Gameplay
You can do mostly what ever you want, really
And if the things you do get PED for, you can withdraw it into real money, Smart right?
And belive me, this system is completely safe, no hacking is possible.
Another cool feature is that you can recive a credit card from MindArk and the money from your character gets withdrawn everytime you use the credit card

Have fun making monies n shit
Played it, and just an fyi, you aren't going to be getting money from it, they're a company, they wouldn't set it up so they lose money. Sure you can get lucky by getting a good mine, or hunt but that's rare and by that time you probably have put more money into it than you're getting out.

I was hopeful at first too but that quickly wore off...

So if you're gonna play it play it because you want to enjoy the game, you'll have to put like 10$ a month to have any fun though otherwise you're gonna be grinding for sweat and then have a little bit of money for fun stuff like hunting.

It was fun though when I first joined, someone was giving away 100 ped to answer this question about javascript, it was some javascript thing, and I looked at it and he had been asking for a long time and I was like OOH IT DOES THIS LOL and hes like YAH HERE U GO UR MONEY. This was the first day I had joined and logged in, so 10$ first day for free lols!

I do like the idea that it uses real money, but it's not set up as a normal mmo where you can earn a bunch of money easy. It's set up for them to get money.
Last edited by isaac; Jul 2, 2010 at 07:40 PM.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
I played this with some friends for like a week and it was kinda *fun* to play. You can't earn the money easily, that's for sure.
If you play it regularly, you could probably make like a few bucks a day after you sweat like a king and learn to hunt like a boss.
[10:17][10:50] <diskimage> Where can I find the Toribash license?