Toribash
Original Post
Your Clan Vid
So rofldragon talked to me and asked about some clan vid stuff. Also I'm entirely aware that I quit your clan; I have no intention of returning. But anyway;

So using a screen capture program, I'm pretty much completely against that.

Instead you should use POVray.
http://www.povray.org/

Nokturnal posted a handy-dandy tutorial on using it a while back (09-16-2006).
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=714

It happens to use inc files (shaders as you're likely used to knowing them as) within these renders, so you can import the ones from tori. I have a few custom ones setup with ambient clouds, differentiation between toris, and a nice blood display configured. However these are on my desktop computer and I'm on my laptop at the moment, so for the effort of switching over I'd want to charge you like 10k TC. BUT the ones that tori has will work just fine.

POVray will output video as a series of frame-by-frame images, so you'll need a separate program to compile all of those into a single video file.

These images will then need to be complied using a video compiler.
http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/
Is a reasonably good one. I recommend compiling at 30 fps or somewhere between 30 and 60, 60 has a tendency to appear much faster than you'd want for a clan video.

Make note that the higher resolution you render your replay at, the longer its going to take per replay. At max settings it could take up to 2 or 3 hours -PER REPLAY- if you're using a fairly crappy computer.

Best plan is to give whoever in the clan has the best computer the rendering software, have them render and compile it all. Send the compiled files to who ever needs them (whoever is putting the video together). And just unleash whoever your lord of clan video creation is; upon them.

Attached are some single-frame renders from RIP. (two)

I know you like mah clouds :3. JK, just those actually took some work to get all programmed. They're generated entirely through code.

Anyway, that's my recommendation. Takes some time, turns out amazing. Have fun out there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Current Administrator of Oblivion. Former Administrator of RIP.
Blank Das Keyboard, Arch, J, Erlang, Haskell - You can always be better.
I'll take a look, but I still do not wish to make the clan vid. I'm really sorry to quit on my friends like this, it hurts my psyche as well, as I've always been one against quitting.
Stats: :Proud whatever-the-hell-I-am-at-that-moment-in-time of VorteX:
Btw if you're doing anything like this, make sure you setup a system for naming every file and keeping them organized. Its alot easier to do if you've got it organized. Its a REAL bitch if you let them get confusing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I appreciate the tip, but I'm not and idiot. Haha. I used to do animation as a hobby. Clay-mation and toy-mation alike. This is not a new concept to me, simply a new format. I just never would have thought do do that when we have so many pieces of software available to us. At any rate, if it costs money it's a total no-go.
A. Everything there is free.
B. I'm going to ignore you taking offense at a tip I chose to give since I don't know how much experience you have with this. That and you're looking at something like 2300 image files (delete as you go of course), a video file per each replay (which you'll need quite a few of), the replays themselves + information on who's in what replay so you can have it stated in the video, then the final video in various file formats. If you've worked with that many files before, I can assure you I didn't know about it.
Last edited by Kveykva; Jul 1, 2010 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Frustration

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Kveykva View Post
A. Everything there is free.
B. I'm going to ignore you taking offense at a tip I chose to give since I don't know how much experience you have with this.

I didn't take offense to it. Maybe something came out wrong on my end? I'm sorry regardless.

Also, I seem to have neglected my manners in a secondary manner due to the fact that I did not thank you for your time. So...

I thank you for imparting your knowledge upon us, good sir.
Last edited by cloak174; Jul 1, 2010 at 06:42 AM.
Originally Posted by Psyckho View Post
I'll give it a try. If my comp doesn't take too long to make a file, I'll do it =)

Let me know if you need any help at all with something. I'm willing to help, I'm just tired of trying to do the whole thing.