Toribash
Original Post
Computer = Screwed?
Uhh, hey guys.

I downloaded this game a few days ago. It worked out fine on the first day, and ever since that day, it hasn't been working. I tried asking the developers and they gave me 7 steps on fixing it. None of them worked. I replied to them saying all of them failed and sent them my DxDiag.txt. They replied telling me my driver was outdated.

I had an ATI Radeon 3600. So instead of sticking to ATI, I went to Nvidia instead and downloaded the Geforce 400 Series. I successfully downloaded but came to an error when installing it. The error was :

The Nvidia Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

I've had this computer for years and I don't have any idea how to "update" my hardware so I could get a better driver. What really stumped me was that the game worked perfectly on the first day.

So any of you computer experts mind helping me out? Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Ryu

Edit : The game is Drift City by the way. If anyone intends on flaming at how I'm playing such a shitty game, fuck off please.

EDIT AGAIN : Here's my Dxdiag.txt.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.100216-1510)
Memory: 2048MB RAM

Due to an error in installing a new driver, the Display Drivers section had no card name, manufacturer, chip type, and DAC type. Tell me when you need more info
Last edited by Ryukendo99; Jun 16, 2010 at 03:57 PM.
[T] | ORMO
[20:18] <@Cevius> Like semen?
err, graphics cards are hardware, not software, you can't download them, drivers that run on the graphics cards merely interface the card to your operating system...

try the omega drivers for the ATI cards, nvidia drivers are for nvidia cards.
(not omega isn't a type of card, it's a different set of people who make drivers)
feel for you man. but Voxus is right. maybe go to bestbuy ir somewhere and ask them if they can help upgrade your hardware? i got some ram (memory) from em last summer.
Instead of dling nvidia drivers....download the new ATI catalyst drivers for your card.

No need to ask best buy's geek squad and get ripped off of $75 bucks.

I'll link you in a sec. (in a class right now :/)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
what DarkJak and voxus said. the ati chipset is a piece of hardware that goes inside the computer's tower not a piece of software that you download a different version of, ati catalyst works only with ati series cards, nvidia drivers work only with nvidia cards. ie you have the hd3600 ati, i have an nvidia 8800gtx, your drivers would not detect my video card as they're made specific to ati chipsets. also when you get new ati drivers update directx.

omega drivers btw are not necessarily user friendly as they're modified ati drivers. if you dont know the possibilities of what that could do to your system i wouldn't install them. that's more of an advanced user setup. downloading the generic ati drivers would be your best bet

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...fessional/Home

download the first one
Last edited by Organ; Jun 16, 2010 at 11:40 PM.
You don't say?
So I have to redownload the 3600 that I deleted before?

EDIT : Somehow, my computer magically downloaded the 3600 without me knowing. But thanks for helping me out guys!

+repped Organ, DarkJak, Wick, and Voxus.
Last edited by Ryukendo99; Jun 17, 2010 at 02:09 PM.
[T] | ORMO
[20:18] <@Cevius> Like semen?