Toribash
Original Post
What's my card missing for shaders?
Here's my DXDIAG regarding my graphics card.

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) GMA 3100
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29C2&SUBSYS_020D1028&REV_02
Display Memory: 250 MB
Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
Shared Memory: 250 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (85Hz)

~SNIP~
Please trim your info down in the future
~DJ

My Bad
~TC

Now SkulFuk said in FAQ's that some GMA 3100's won't work so, is there a site I can be redirected to (most be under the Intel site) where I can download an update, or can you reccomend a different graphics card that I can buy. (A redirect to a download is best preferred)

I already followed the readme under support and the download is taking FOREVER so don't redirect me to that.
Last edited by Pacman; Jun 11, 2010 at 03:46 AM.
Custombelt | I'm back after 5 years! ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PM me if your selling items, buying anything and everything!
I'm guessing it is a laptop? If so, you probably won't be able to upgrade it, even with the most grueling, tedious, complex methods.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Nope hardrive.

Dell Inspiron 530S

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I believe shaders requires opengl 2.0 support? It's been AGES since I've looked, so it may have changed. Plus, ray tracing will rape your card. Shaders probably will run somewhat slowly too.

If I were you, I'd get one of the ati 5000 series cards. They consume less power for the same performance, so your power supply would be more likely to survive.

How large is your PSU? I'm thinking the hd5770 would be a pretty good choice. Pretty good value.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
In my experience most, if not all, Intel Express Chipset GPUs are integrated. If, as I suspect, this is the case with your laptop, you will have to buy a new laptop that has a better GPU.
I didn't check yet, but the intel update site changed the bar from installing to loading. Would that show anything?

@Onamist: I don't have a laptop I have a hardrive and a monitor.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

first of all.
A hard disk drive[2] (hard disk,[3] hard drive,[4] HDD) is a non-volatile storage device for digital data. It features one or more rotating rigid platters on a motor-driven spindle within a metal case. Data is encoded magnetically by read/write heads that float on a cushion of air above the platters, with modern storage capacity measured in gigabytes and terabytes.
What you have is a PC/tower/desktop.

The GMA 3100 series most of them dont work with toribash but a few do. The ones that dont work you may be able to emulate openGL 2.0.
Well I'm trying to use 3.9, so I'm not going older than that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]