Toribash
Original Post
So I might buy a new laptop
So I want to buy a new laptop because the desktop is full of problems but I'm still sorting it out with my mom.

So what do you guys recommend? What I'm looking after is a gaming laptop with the best performance that is also good for everyday life (Schooling, Business, stuff like that).

My best bet for me here is the Alienware M15x but I'm still not sure if this is good for other features aside from gaming (My mom is always asking me if this laptop IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR SCHOOLING AND BLAH BLAH BLAH, WILL YOU USE THIS FOR GAMING ONLY OR SCHOOLING ALSO BLAH BLAH BLAH)

P.S. is alienware even available in the philippines?
oi m8 i rekt ur mum last nite
MacbookPro.

Put Windows 7 on it with Bootcamp and it'll run games fine.

But if you don't want to spend a lot of money on worksmanship and style, I'd still recommend against the Alienware series. They're clunky, run hot, and aren't the sturdiest computers. I've seen some interesting stuff coming from Asus lately, but I'm not an officianado on PC laptops.

Just be wary of Alienware, it's a big pricetag for features you can get on sturdier computers.
Pope of BnW[Torigod]Lord of WibblesYouTubeToriblog AdminInterface Artist
(,,゚Д゚) -"Become a fan. DO IT."

Hyperboloids of wondrous Light
Rolling for aye through Space and Time
Harbour those Waves which somehow Might
Play out God's holy pantomime

Also, Gubbin is neat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Personally I don't like the Macbooks though
And no I'm against boot camping laptops for a different OS (does it cost extra? is it even legal?)
Originally Posted by chidorikil View Post
Personally I don't like the Macbooks though
And no I'm against boot camping laptops for a different OS (does it cost extra? is it even legal?)

Bootcamp is perfectly legal, and it's free. It's built into Mac OS X. It lets you easily run the Mac or Windows operating systems, and you can switch between them by holding the option key while starting up your computer.

Also, Gubbin is neat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Apple website View Post
15-inch macbook pro, starts at 1799$

Originally Posted by Alienware website View Post
M15x Starting Price $1,199.00

*cough*
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
worksmanship and style

But far be it from me to start a platform war.

Also, Gubbin is neat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ok as of now I am customizing both laptops to my liking

BTW question does the M15x already have a mouse included with the package or you have to choose one?

EDIT: I have done customizing both laptops to my liking and the results
Alienware M15x: $2,660.21
Macbook Pro: $2,746.90

Now I still want the M15x but I'm still reconsidering the macbook
Last edited by chidorikil; Jun 10, 2010 at 09:40 AM.
What about Toshiba Qosmio X500-126 18.4" full HD whith core i7-720qm 8GB DDR3 GeForce GTS 360M with own 1GB DDR5 memory
If weight isn't a concern, the ASUS ROG g73 laptops are BEAST. HD mobility 5870 (roughly an desktop HD 5770).

Of course, you can get better stuff on custom sites like Sager, which I'd recommend if you are considering the prices of Alienware. But for under $2000, the ASUS ROG laptops are a "steal."

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834220737

This is their best one. Sold out now, but it was in stock about a week ago. You can probably find it elsewhere too. They even have the el cheapo $1200 version at my local Best Buy and it feels really nice. But it's heavy!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
But if you don't want to spend a lot of money on worksmanship and style

Workmanship... right. http://gizmodo.com/5319594/apple-res...ployee-suicide
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...onn-sweat-shop
And before you argue its not directly related to apple, read up the definition of "complacency", and at least acknowledge the fact that Apple sells stuff for a shit load of money but still uses the same cheap labour that other brands use, the stuff where employees are treated like SHIT. Its no different from exploiting blood diamonds from conflicts in Sierra Leone and then selling them for millions.

Also... Personally I find it lame to invest tons of money in "looks" and "style" while forgetting about the performance.

Also, truth is, when comparing high-end macs to middle-end PCs:
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Jun 10, 2010 at 05:31 PM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi