Toribash
Original Post
The New Pendulum (Immersion Discussion Thread)

The new album by the UK band "Pendulum" is set to be released on May 24th. In "Immersion", they have reverted to their old hardcore DnB style similar to "Hold Your Color". Immersion is their third album, and they had a album preview show in "Matter, London" after their Australian tour. The songs listed to be in the album are here:

1. Genesis
2. Salt In The Wounds
3. Watercolour
4. Set Me On Fire
5. Crush
6. Under the Waves
7. Immunize
8. The Island Part I (Dawn)
9. The Island Part II (Dusk)
10. Comprachicos
11. The Vulture
12. Witchcraft
13. Self vs. Self
14. The Fountain
15. Encoder

There is one scrapped song so far, "Ransom" that may be released in a special edition album or as a free download, but were apparently not good enough to make the Immersion album.

Videos: all we have right now are videos taken from the live stream of their show from January 28th, and pre-released songs from the album as well as ones that were cut. So don't be bitching that some of these are shit quality and voiced over and some of them are awesome studio versions, I did my best finding suitable videos.

Genesis: Only 9 seconds are cut out really, only a 1:09 minute song. Not missing much, but as far as album intros go, this is amazing.

Salt In The Wounds: A free, seven minute version is abailable for free download on their website, you just have to find the 6 letter code on a world first 360 degree music video. (It's essentially a music video placed in a google streetview style. you control the camera zoom, angle, and direction while the video plays.)

Watercolour: Their first "Pre-released" song from the album, already available for UK purchase on iTunes since May 4th.

Set Me On Fire:

Crush: For some fucktard reason all I could find was a recording from the livestream and in one part of the song the left channel cuts out for a bit. There was a high-quality fixed version, but goddamnit it got removed. theres only like 3 videos left of Crush.

Under The Waves: Only video available was a 1 minute cut from the official pendulum channel.

Immunize:

The Island: Only a recorded full version of part one, and a 1 minute preview of part 2.

Part 1: 2:55 is the beginning of eargasm.

Part 2: This gave me a boner.

Comprachicos: Was thought to be "Encoder" but I guess it wasn't. Even the official preview is this. Also, this will most definitely be in a racing game of some sort.

The Vulture: There is livestream recordings of this song, but the MC voice-over acts like DRM. offbeat singing along to the lyrics and he repeats the name of the song like 30 times in the beginning. you do not want to listen to the recording. Trust me.

Witchcraft: There's also a low-quality full-version that some guy recorded on his camera or something.

Self vs. Self: Low quality, sorry.

The Fountain: Only a 1 minute preview.

Encoder:

EDIT: dear me, I seem to forgotten to add in the removed track.

Ransom: Only a five minute version with Noisa screaming like an asshole in the background, and a two minute vocal-less cut from a mix album of some sort.

Post, discuss, and have eargasms about this new piece of awesome released by the Pendulum gods.

I do not own, intend to own, or make profit off of these songs in any way. They are owned by the Pendulum band and most likely copyrighted in some way.

also, Im probably late aren't I? For fucks sakes if someone quotes this whole post.
Last edited by Diealready; May 18, 2010 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Forgot to add the video for Immunize.
It comes out on Monday! Sucks that you can't pre-order it unless you're in the UK.

-Post reserved for updates-

Fuck you whoever -rep'd me for piracy.
Last edited by Diealready; May 21, 2010 at 03:39 AM.
Nice. Do like this.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
I've been waiting for a little bit for this now, but in my honest opinion Immersion is nothing like their old hardstyle roots. In fact their old hardstyle roots never got released on CD, everything CD they've done has been their anthem dnb -- Which don't get me wrong, I absolutely love both. I've been a huge supporter of Pendulum since day one. In fact I'm hardpressed to find a dnb producer I don't enjoy... Pendulum, Dieselboy, Fresh, Noisia, Spor and the rest of the Lifted Crew, Evol Intent, Danny Byrd, Goldie, Syncopix, ... Well, jeez, I could go on forever.

THIS (in my honest, humble opinion) is a good example of their old hardstyle roots, the kind of stuff they never published on a CD and you had to have the good old fashioned vinyl. Hell yeah. =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF1rD0uB3S4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7mTIA5D4VE
Last edited by iAmTheTot; May 16, 2010 at 05:58 AM.
Originally Posted by iAmTheTot View Post
THIS (in my honest, humble opinion) is a good example of their old hardstyle roots, the kind of stuff they never published on a CD and you had to have the good old fashioned vinyl. Hell yeah. =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF1rD0uB3S4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7mTIA5D4VE

What's this then?

<DeadorK> fair maiden
Wow! Did not know they had a GH album! What is wrong with me?!? Gonna have to Amazon that baby tomorrow.

But I was just trying to say that this new album is still pretty anthem not like their real old stuff. That's just my opinion.
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Warner Music Group.

When i try to listen to "Salt in The Wounds" D:

Edit: Also happens for "Set Me On Fire"
Finally got a good leak of the album.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
Aw balls. Im gonna try finding leaks of the songs. I've already found full versions of The Island and The Vulture, plus Immunize

just search the name of the song in google, like Pendulum - Crush or whatever. You'll find a site eventually.