Toribash
Original Post
Quirks
Yes, there are already several "something about you" threads, but this one is a bit different.

Basically, just tell some little thing about you that no one else would know, and make sure it's... unusual. Something that makes you, you. It could be anything, from a nickname, to something you always do (that isn't done very often)

One of mine is something I've had for my entire life: whenever I think of the word "shortcut," I see a ceiling fan. No idea why...
I DID SIR
HE'S MY COUSIN
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
Whenever I change the volume of a TV, radio etc I have to leave it on an even number.

lol that pretty cool

i cant stand shoes jandels all the way
I have this system whereby I break down letters into numerical components that are sized according to the 'length' of each letter.

Basically, I started with the letter l. I took l to be 1. I then based each letter in relation to l. I went through alphabetically, starting with consonants. So b, for example is roughly 2 and one-quarter times the length of l. C is about one equal to 1 and one-quarter of l, so that became the value for c. Note, I only use lower case letters.

So using that system for each letter I came up with the following results;
b,d and p = 2 and 1/4
c = 1 and 1/4
f = 3
g = 2 and 3/4
h = 1 and 7/8
j = 1 and 5/8
k = 2 and 3/8
l,t and v = 1
m and w =2
n = 1 and 3/8
q = 2 and 1/2
r = 3/4
s and x = 1 and 1/2
z = 1 and 3/4

Next I did the same system for vowels with the following results;
a = 1 and 3/4
e = 1 and 7/8
i = 1/2
o = 1 and 1/2
u = 1 and 1/4

Now that I have the value for each letter, I can apply the values to words. Say I see the word 'next'. When I see 'next' I don't see the letters, I see their numerical value. Once I've got the value for each letter in the word I try to make each of the values as similar as possible. For 'next', the values are 1 and 3/8 (n) 1 and 1/2 (x) and 1 (t). At this point the vowels are ignored. For these values, to get them as even as possible I change the 'x' and the 't' to both become 'c' (1 and 1/4). Now the new value for the word is 1 and 3/8 and two lots of 1 and 1/4. This is as even as I can get the values whilst still using letters.

That is the first thing I do with each word. The next thing I do involves using the vowel present in each word. Using the example of 'next' again, you can see it has one vowel, 'e'. The value for 'e' is 1 and 7/8. Because the 'e' in this word is in between two consonants I halve the value of it (for 'e' I round the value to 1 for simplicities sake) and I apply that new value to the 't'. Therefore, the 't' becomes equal to 2.

In the case of words that have more than one syllable, such as Toribash, I apply the highest vowel value, after any appropriate halving, to each letter, minus the value of the vowel that is already next to the consonant. So for 'Toribash', the highest vowel value is the combination of the 'a' and the 'i' next to the 'b'. The combined value of this, after halving is 1 and 1/4. I then apply this to each consonant in the word. The final result is; the 'T' becomes 'n', the 'r' becomes 7/8 (yes this is not a letter but that doesn't matter with this operation), the 'b' remains the same, the 's' becomes 'j', and the 'h' becomes 'g'.

Once I've done this operation to each letter, I perform the first operation on the word.

I apply this entire process to each word I read, and each word that I hear. So whenever I'm having a conversation I'm applying this entire process to each word that is said. I've spoken about this to a psychiatrist and apparently it is a form of OCD.

So yeah, that's my quirk.
Well, I have to Sort everything alphabetically. Games, books, DVD's, everything.
Also, I count every step one the way up, and way down, without realising.

My house has 13 steps, my best mates has 14 and a little half step, my dads has 19 steps, etc.

I can remember lots of places.
Im South African ,and im not black!!! Plz stop labbiling South Africans... Ialso dont live in the wild we have citys and it realy iritates me wen ppl ask if i have a lion as a pet.
Last edited by Doomdrone; Apr 13, 2010 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Not spesific enough...
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I hate having sticky hands. It has nothing to do with masturbation though, you sick people.

This
This so much
This so much ^ 2.

I hate having greasy hair.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
Whenever I change the volume of a TV, radio etc I have to leave it on an even number.

Except on multiples of five, which screws everything up even moreso.

Am I right?
I DID SIR
HE'S MY COUSIN