Toribash
Original Post
How do i find out how much memory i have?
Ive looked it up in google and i've found 2 things: ram and local hard drive space, which one determines how much gb my computer can handle, ect?
If you have windows, press the start button, and go to computer. It should show you how much free space you have on your hard drive.

[RAWR]NutHug: I CAN MAKE DIAPER BROWN
Start -> Run -> Dxdiag -> Wait -> Read Ram

My computer -> right click a drive -> properties -> read HDD space.

If you can do these without rereading this post, your memory isnt that bad.
Originally Posted by Shortyish View Post
Ive looked it up in google and i've found 2 things: ram and local hard drive space, which one determines how much gb my computer can handle, ect?

Well, memory normally stands for "RAM". An acronym standing for "Randomly Accessed Memory." RAM determines how many programs you can have open and the speed they can be accessed, although RAM is not the only variable in this.

Hard Drive Space, is normally called space or storage, but some people incorrectly call it memory. Hard Drive Space is, like you said, how many Gigabytes your compute can store. In your Hard Drive, your computer stores files and installed programs. Basically all the information on your computer.

If you need to know how much memory you have, go to: Start > Control Panel > System and Security > System.
That is for Windows 7, but other Windows OSs should be similar. Now, once you are at this place, your memory will be under the System column and next to the "Installed Memory (RAM)" row.

If you need to know how much Hard Drive Space you ahve, go to: Start > Computer.
That is for Windows 7, again. Should be the same, or similar on all Windows OSs. Each hard drive you have, has it's own Hard Drive Space. On Windows 7, it should display how much free space you have, and how much total space you have, on all Hard Drives. If you are on another OS, just right click then go to properties. It will be in there somewhere.

I hope this helped.

---And @graboy: I hope you are not serious. If you understand computers enough to take your computer apart, and take out the RAM, but you don't know how to check the RAM, I'm amazed. :P