Toribash
Original Post
Pen-Tablet questions
Well I am thinking about getting a tablet because I see amazing art work when people use it and Ive did some research and did not find very good answers here are the questions

1. Are Tablets compatible with netbooks

2. Does a tablet have a USB ending to plug into the netbook

3.Do tablets come with an art program (Thats what I heard)

4.If they are compatible for netbook what size is recommended

Thanks
I like doing art and stuff| GATA |... My Deviant Art Http://Riqochaii.Deviantart.com/
yes
yes
yes
yes
A5 is good for EVERYTHING. Size only matters if design is your PROFESSION.

If you buy anything else but a Wacom, you WILL be disappointed.
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Not that I know of, mine was really cheap and rubbish version tho'. It came with a program to transfer my tablet files to text files.
Clan Blood Leader
Thanks a lot Freelancer and Ill make sure to get Wacom

The first 2 questions are most important and I can use a Tablet with Gimp right?
I like doing art and stuff| GATA |... My Deviant Art Http://Riqochaii.Deviantart.com/
Yes, as long as it is compatible with your OS it should be compatible with any program supported by your OS.
Clan Blood Leader
I got a Wacom Intuos4 (Medium) last week. It came with the option to download 2 of 4 drawing programs.

Photoshop Elements 8 (for PC/ Mac with Intel)
Photoshop Elements 6 (for PC/ Mac PowerPCs)
Corel Painter Sketch Pad
Autodesk Sketchbook Express

I already had Photoshop CS2 so I use my download to get the Corel and Autodesk programs.

It is awesome. I have infinite paper now.
Shop (Óc¸Ó ) PM me if you want to buy TC
No digital medium can replace pen and paper. Sorry.
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
No digital medium can replace pen and paper. Sorry.

GFT.

Just check that your "would be" tablet works with your OS and then buy a size wich you can easily place to your working space.
< Larfen> also my replay thread has more views than the rules thread \o/

...This probably explains most problems in this community.
No idea what "GFT" stands for , but my English dictionary tells me it's not a word. Which language is it?

It's "Guoted for truth" or something like that. Misspelled from QFT.
-Hopea
Last edited by Hopea; Mar 24, 2010 at 08:50 AM.
Originally Posted by LILTERROR View Post
Well I am thinking about getting a tablet because I see amazing art work when people use it and Ive did some research and did not find very good answers here are the questions

1. Are Tablets compatible with netbooks

2. Does a tablet have a USB ending to plug into the netbook

3.Do tablets come with an art program (Thats what I heard)

4.If they are compatible for netbook what size is recommended

Thanks

1) Should be compatible with any newish computer.

2) Yes. The tablet plugs into the computer with a standard USB cable.

3) I'm pretty sure my (Wacom Intuos 3) did. You should be able to check the Wacom Website, or the box in-store.

4) There is no recommended size. Just get as large as you can afford. But, that being said, Mine is probably the smallest Intuos 3 you could get, and it works great on my dual 22/24" monitors. Although, I only use it on one monitor.

Like someone else said: Get Wacom, or be disappointed.

----Also, I think "GFT" is a mispelling of "QFT". An acronym standing for Quoted for Truth. But, I'm not positive that's what he meant.