Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Elementary, Dear Tori
Take a look at the two replays attatched. Ignore the first 500 frames, I want you to concentrate on the skeet.

In the first replay, I do not move a single joint after my head has left my hand. The head then goes on to make contact with the head, achieving the skeet.

Now, watch the skeet in the second replay. I do exactly the same thing, and the head appears to follow the same trajectory. But then I begin to move joints to get into a pose after throwing the head and it veers off in another direction, completely missing Uke's head. No changes whatsoever were made to the throw itself.

This can only mean one thing: My Tori's movements had a direct effect on the movement of the completely detatched head.

How is this possible? How did moving my limbs cause the head to move and roll in another direction?
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
I think this is in the wrong place?
But yeah, I've had this before.
Thought it was really weird.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
I remember seeing something about this a while ago where it was explained that it is just some glitch in the physics engine where dismembered limbs can be slightly affected by your movements. It's like you sometimes get dismembered joints and body parts spinning wildly out of control for no reason. ChezDa's uberspinning_clean replay that came with the older versions was a good example of this.
Yeah, I kinda always figured this happened. Just from making replays and seeing the DMd limbs reacted differently depending on how the rest of the body moved. Like Tamer0 said, probably just a glitch in the way the game computes everything, instead of making a whole new set of "math term I am not sure what it is's" to calculate the movements of each DM, it keeps it all bunched together and just changes the way it reads and calculates everything.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
I think pecs interact with the head even after the decap.
On this one, lumbar interacts with chest even after the DM.
Last edited by vins84; Mar 17, 2010 at 01:52 PM.
Toriolympics - 2nd place | Fr_Death Leader |ORMO Member |
:o Glitchy parts finally make sense. This is good to know for trying to do skeets, sometimes a little extra tilt is all you need.
[Inq]
Need help with anything? Have a question? PM me! I'll try my best to help you.
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
is it a glitch?
that's so strange. so contracting your hand can make the difference of win or lose.

The game is already like that, with or without the glitch.