Toribash
Original Post
[WIP] OfUnknown's Realism Head
Eh, following along the realism tips and guidelines, I have came up with something which I find is pretty decent.

Flat and In-game.

I'm not sure where to go from here, and I found some flaw I don't really know how to deal with. I find that the bottom section is too speckled, or contrasted. Also, I don't really think the eyes fit (does it?), if not, how could I make it fit more?

On a side note, will there be any private forum?
[Ele] Leader | [Bleu] Supervisor | Artists' Co-op
Wow, OfUnknown, this is wonderful!
A blend of cartoonish and realistic metal, and it surprisingly goes well together.

I'm not sure where else to go on here, I'll have a think.
Maybe more details and plate the metal? Split it into sections, etc. Always brings out the tech side of things.
"Anything running perfectly is running like clockwork."
unknowns always been good. dunno why you even applied as a student :P

the heads sick, think youre right about the speckled look tho.
youve got your style, you have the technique/knowledge. thats why youre an advanced student

it wouldnt be teaching if we told you what to do.
so, you give us some ideas and options about what you wanna do, and we'll tell you what we think of them.
if you cant think of anything, THEN we'll chip in :P
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
I'll see if I can come up with something random for the head. >> I think I also need to reduce the width of the eyes, on the flat it looks fine, but it gets too stretched in game.
Last edited by OfUnknown; Mar 16, 2010 at 01:42 PM.
[Ele] Leader | [Bleu] Supervisor | Artists' Co-op
when u working without an other facial features, eye sizes arent too important, but if u feel it would look better with smaller eyes, go for it.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-