Toribash
Original Post
[HELP] buttons not working online?
hey... i seem to have a problem with either my computer or my browser. for example... I can not click any buttons up ^there^ and whenever I press Enter when typing in threads and posts it doesnt show up... it shows in the text being typed but not when it is posted... for example. I am going to press enter and try to make the word "spam" go to the next line. "spam" ok what I see now is this is on the next line but when I post it... it isnt on the next line... this isnt just limited to this website either, I cant seem to press some buttons on various websites... it isnt EVERY button, but only a few. can anyone help me??!?!?
Last edited by darkdoom1; Mar 12, 2010 at 12:22 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mammary Gland Holders of the Humanoid Lifeforms Commonly Known As, Homo Sapiens.
Sorry man... You'll have to put your computer to sleep...

A little more serious now lol.. If I got it well.. My first guess would be that a key on your keyboard might be stuck. try checking that out...

Also try Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Google Chrome instead of Internet Explorer
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
well this has been happening a few days... ever since i found out about 98% of my harddrive was fragmented by 1%... so i defragged and stuff has been acting weird. (the reason why I had checked is because it was acting weird in the first place... I use IE (but i hate it... its just what all my faveorites are under...) but i also have firefox and google chrome...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mammary Gland Holders of the Humanoid Lifeforms Commonly Known As, Homo Sapiens.
First try shutting down your computer, removing the keyboard and trying a different keyboard if you have another. Or just check if a key is stuck (try pressing all keys in order to release the one that's stuck)

1% fragmentation is more than okay for a Hard Disk. And theres no way in hell that a defrag would fuck up your computer. The only problem that I know of that can result from defrag is losing data when the disk has a physical damage (damaged sectors) because the defrag moves data around.. and that data can be lost if it happens to end up on the damaged sectors... but that wouldn't cause your current problem, it would cause copying, deleting and moving certain files to fail, and return errors such as cyclic redundancy.

If you suspect that your computer is somehow infected just try these steps:

http://forum.toribash.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=17
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Mar 12, 2010 at 02:13 AM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
I have a laptop and i cant switch keyboards... also I think that you are missunderstanding me, it isnt my keyboard (I can still type in WORD and NOTEPAD).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by darkdoom1 View Post
but i also have firefox and google chrome...

Originally Posted by isaac View Post
Download chrome or firefox and it will ask if you want to import favs from IE

Read.

On a side note, you said you have them, but not if you have the same issue using them
:D