Toribash
Original Post
I made you an art, but...
I eated it. As in, I made an art, and not even one that's at all relevant to these forums.

And I have a problem

I hate to plug, but this is the only place anyone on the whole wide intarwebz knows me.

so... relevant links:
http://archlurps.deviantart.com/journal/
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...c,95266.0.html

if anyone can do something to help me here, I'd be really grateful to the forum that showed me the ropes around the internet.

for a sneak preview (without leaving the TB forums), go to this thread: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=165284

Besides my close personal friends and family, you're the first ones reading this, with the three people who actually read threads at the mod's subforum over at taleworlds XD.
Last edited by Archlurps; Feb 25, 2010 at 05:45 AM.
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!
I'm no doctor but I suggest to induce vomiting in case you used any kind of toxic ink/paper materials. If any of it got in your eye then flush that out too. See your doctor if problems continue.

As for the terms and what not problem, I suggest you speak to your lawyer before signing any contract. (aka no clue but that stuff all sounds pretty normal stuff that I never read lol! )
thanks for the time you invested in making that reply, PyroTime.

if I wasn't so tired (stayed awake the whole night keeping company for friends watching the Finland-Czech republic game, and hoping to get answers to this), I'd have lolled at that firs paragraph. Now I passed the critical reaction window while trying to get the point ...

anyhow, thanks, but the funny thing is, we have no "family lawyers" here. If I did have one, I'd definitely ask them for legal advice on the matter.

the thing is, I don't "always" read that stuff either, but this time I decided to play it safe, since I intend to put some really precious stuff in there, and the purpose I want it to be there instead of here is that of securing it's right to me and myself only. If they're allowed to sell the art at will, that kind of defeats the purpose.
I refuse to grab.
-
Yes, if I were you I wouldn't join that site then. Why do you need to join it anyways? You have a deviant art now lol so just use that? Just because your friend is using it doesn't mean you should... Also that might just be there for legal stuff like they wont ever actually have to use that but just in case so people wont sue or something...
I know and hope so, but if it's written and I can be expected to have read it, I'm still bound by it.

I don't want to imply that my works would be nearly good enough to publish with profit, but still, if that jumble of fancy words means what I think it does, it is at least a bit fishy.

so what I'm asking, practically, is an understandable translation of the terms.

As for why join, it does have a big userbase. That would equip me with a shitstorm if the works appeared somewhere else without my permission (but, as it seems, anywhere without my permission if the site thinks it's cool), and an instant audience.

still, bottom line... fishy until proven otherwise.
I refuse to grab.
-