Toribash
Original Post
Your Guru Guy
Hey toribash community it's Stickman5, your guru guy for computers. Any questions or comments or pc topics you wanna talk about just come here and say what you want.
Someone's gonna get hurt.............IT AIN'T GONNA BE ME!!!!!!
I'm wondering which case would be better, an Antec 902 or an Lian-li Lancool PC-K62

The price difference can be neglected between these two.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811112239

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811129058

If you know of any other good cases for the same money, please suggest them.

These are must-haves for me though:

Side panel window
Good cooling
Black interior
Some form of cable management.

Also, right now I have a micro ATX mobo. I plan to upgrade to a Gigabyte ATX this summer. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128423

BTW, I notices that the rear of my mobo seems different than the cutouts in the cases. Would this fit?

Thank you
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Jak: This is what i used for a project in school....

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/prod...roduct_id=2912
i basically just got it for looks and it did everything i wanted well, its a bit on the pricey side but since you said its no issue fell free to use it.

But IMHO, I would just rebuild the WHOLE system to be water cooled, in the long run it saves money, Time and experience needed :/ and instead of a window, get a PlexiGlass Case (My old one was decked out with neon lights)

SN: Upgrade from DVI :P
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
BTW, I notices that the rear of my mobo seems different than the cutouts in the cases. Would this fit?

That rectangle that is obviously a different color than the rest of the case comes with the motherboard and is as such removable from the case, and most cases should allow for that.
<ZaneNutio> I ASSED FIRSED
So just out of curiousity, what are most side panel windows made of? Acrylic? Most casesseem to have reviews complaint about scratches on the window so plexi glass sounds like a much better idea. Dunno if i'd have the right tools though.

The corsair h50 doesn't count as real water cooling does it? looking on newegg, custom cooling seems really REALLY expensive >_<

I'll consider that case. CM has always seemed a bit on the pricey side for me but they do look like they have more features.

Thanks jay! I've been worrying about whether I'd need to buy a new panel or something cuz I didn't get any answers from search.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]
i'm sorry if i've been a chat hogger, my friend recommended me to this game and told me i should be active in the chat, so sorry. and I do want to share my computer knowledge with everyone by contributing

in terms of casing, I would recommend thermaltake because it has alot of expansion capaility, or corsair for its cable organization system. you can go to www.tigerdirect.com or www.corsair.com for computer cases and other parts. corsair is a specific brand though.

Don't double post please.
-Hopea
Last edited by Hopea; Mar 8, 2010 at 04:17 PM.
Ok dude just a tip
don't double post withing 3 minutes of your last post unless
they're really
and really important
(that concludes toribash)

just use the edit button next time
but still I don't see you helping much eh?
I didn't like the overstated looks of the thermaltakes so I decided on lian-li's lancool pc-k62. The only negative I found was that te water cooling holes aren't in the best place, but I don't plan on using them, since the h50 fits inside. It should be arriving this week, send all the way from California to Tennessee. I REALLY hope it doesn't get damged in transit.

Plus I gotta save up some bucks for prom ^_^

After that, I just gotta get a new mobo, an i7 920, and some ddr3. *faints*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]
What do you mean by overstated? Thermaltake also has a case with an included liquid cooling set, unless the lancool has the same thing. You should get your ram from corsair though, their stuff looks tight. I'd also like to take the time to give out free windows 7 home premium and ultimate upgrade codes. Home Premium is -snip and Ultimate is -snip-. I did it for my netbook and it works, so enjoy! And for those who are still commenting on my usage here, stop complaining or get off the thread. Leave space for those who just want to chat.
Last edited by AlexOwnz; Mar 12, 2010 at 10:41 PM.