Toribash
Original Post
MAG
MAG is a massively mutliplayer online first person shooter, centered around the events of the 'Shadow War', a titanic battle between 3 distinct factions;
  • Seryi Volk Executive Response/S.V.E.R. (pronounced "Sever"), a ragtag military force with personnel drawn from war-torn countries in the Middle East and Russia, prizing sheer will as the power to victory.
  • Raven Industries, a faction with high-tech weapons and armor, comprising of West European soldiers, prizing technological advancement as key to winning.
  • Valor Company, whose soldiers are equipped with more standard-styled gear. They comprise of seasoned veterans from the United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Mexico, believing that knowledge in battle is strength.

The games main selling points are its very cool skill and armoury setup, where you can assign skill points to upgrade gear, unlock gear, give passive bonuses, etc. And its massive 256 player battles. Players battle in 4 different game types, mostly objective based;

Suppression
A type of game mode that helps you practice with your company and learn better tactics. You can also practice leading as a squad leader or platoon leader. This 32 vs 32 game is quick and brutal, often ending in a complete steam-rollering of one side, but just as often it ends in a very closely contested match.

Sabotage
Sabotage is a 64-player match between any of the two factions taking place at one of the team's communications centers. One team must attack outposts A and B, while the other defends. The round can last up to 20 minutes. If the attackers successfully conquer A and B, they then must plant a bomb at Data Center C, which can be defused by the defending team. If no progress is made after 20 minutes, the defenders win.

Acquisition
Acquisition comprises of a map for up to 128 players. The attacking team must steal two prototype enemy vehicles and take them to an extraction point, along with taking out the enemy bunker. The match lasts 20 minutes, and winning conditions for the defenders are the same.

Domination
Domination is the largest game mode, consisting of 256 player and lasts 30:00 minutes. In the map, there are 8 command points, which must be taken by each team. The attacker must control as many as possible for as long as possible, damaging the defender's objectives the longer they control them. In turn, the defender must make sure the attackers don't deal enough damage to the base. Winning conditions for the defenders are the usual.

Great game, got it 2 days ago or so (Australian release), and I have experienced 0 lag or delay (epic), which is amazing considering I'm playing with some European or Canadian guys. I mean, games like Modern Warfare 2 have money forcefed into it, and still lag when I join a local game.

If you are looking for a game that requires a little more teamwork and strategy than some other shooters (especially the ones where one guy running around with a knife can basically win the game for your team), then this is the game for you. Once you get into the larger games and you see the units moving around fluidly and deliberately, you really get a sense of how great this game is.

Also, I saw some reviews of the game that went along the lines of; "Look, I shot this guy and he didnt die, then he shot me and I did die" or "I cant figure out how to heal these guys with my first aid kit, I mean, ive seen others do it" or even one time "This game is a bit uh... well lets just say Modern Warfare is more of a 'thinking mans game'". Dont believe these idiots, If you see anyone say any of those things then really they could have a mental disability that prevents them from reading anything ingame.

Epic game, buy it! (PS3 only btw, and you NEED a mic)
Last edited by Gorman; Feb 13, 2010 at 07:06 PM. Reason: added pics
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
I played the beta and the only thing I didn't really like it is how long it took me to get in a game and AIMING.

Is the aiming still terrible, like when you actually want to aim the iron sights INSTANTLY appear on your screen, no animation at all?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
.::[Latin]::..-Ldr[GU]-[OLDA]-[PwN]-[TO]-[BISH]-[MG]-[WLT]

[Auction].::Full Demo Set::.
~TheElement Signature WingFlame
That's why I rage over PS3 exclusive games.
CRAP.

I love mass war. Would love the game, but I has no PS3.
Centuries Of Damn