Toribash
Original Post
Cyber Virus Problems (CNN)
Ok, you can tell if a AntiVirus is a real Virus, but let's not go into that detail. CNN has been talking about the cyber virus stuff and all that. If I where you I would not download a untrusted software or program. Just download stuff that you know.

Discuss
RIP
Just because CNN is overblowing shit about viruses doesn't mean every program that you "dont know" is a virus. /thread
[10:17][10:50] <diskimage> Where can I find the Toribash license?
Define trusted program please, you can't just mysteriusly find out if a program should be trusted or not.
For example, why did you think that Toribash can be trusted while some other program couldn't?
Clan Blood Leader
ToriBash has been downloaded alot and people have been using it. I'm talking about like AntiVirus2000 or w/e it was that caused viruses
RIP
Well, if AntiVirus2000 would be downloaded and used by a lot of people would it be trusted?
And how would you know (before installing) that Toribash is downloaded and used by a lot of people? Because they say so. Who? Those who made it, or even if thats by real people using it they still have full controll in their own forums etc. to delete all negative posts (not saying they do that, just an example).
Clan Blood Leader
I never get viruses and I download whatever shit I want, any idiot can do it

also I dont listen to cnn because I dont trust them they are not a trusted download

/thread
Use your head. Most good antivirus programs don't have corny names like Antivirus 2010 or WebProtector 9000.

Download stuff you can trust, like AVG, Panda (although AVG would be a better choice IMO), and buy larger brands like kaspersky or norton.

If it is downloaded by a lot of people, read the feedback that is not on their site. Do searches for opinions on forums to make sure.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
The best antivirus is usually found in a space between the keyboard and the chair.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
Use your head. Most good antivirus programs don't have corny names like Antivirus 2010 or WebProtector 9000.

Good point.

Also note that many news stories trump up a given threat to make it seem more serious than it is. It's sort of their thing.

AVG/Avast/anit-malewarebyte/and I guess panda. There are a lot of safe, free antivirus programs out there.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.