Toribash
Original Post
knife throwing mod
Tori has knives on a table next to him to throw at Uke. brutal and unfair.

elbow and wrist are modified to work for throwing knives (yes, i like modding the axis of joints, as you can see in my mods)

there's also a pole for stability, but if you feel it makes it too easy, don't use it. also, once you've finished your knives, you can perfrom erot... gymnastic moves with it.

settings:
engage 500
go crazy with the rest, but use common sense (well there's a sensible sentence)

sorry for the bugs:
1. you usually grab several knives at a time cuz they're so light and thin, can't help it if i wanna keep them even remotely near each other. you can use it creatively, though, like in the demostration replay i posted
2. i'm not sure if this one's still there, but sometimes when a knife started spinning fast during the testing of the mod's earlier (unposted) versions, it would lock vertical and fall through the ground. i've figured this is due to the knife barely existing on the vertical plane (geek for "it's very thin"), or then it's just a random environment/worldbuilder bug.
3. sometimes when a knife starts spinning savagely, it explides uke on impact. No, i don't mean what happens in the demo, that's brutal, but what i'm talking about is BRUTAL

if you liked this one, you might like my bowling mod too... hint* hint* wink* wink* promo* promo*

this shouldn't be attempted by anyone at any time in any place in real-life... no fear of that before you find instagib boxes and a levitating table... and a dancing pole.
Attached Images
knifethrowpic.JPG (44.2 KB, 192 views)
Attached Files
knifethrodemo.rpl (191.2 KB, 119 views)
knifethrow.tbm (988 Bytes, 161 views)
Last edited by Archlurps; Nov 3, 2007 at 10:06 PM. Reason: typo (yeah, i get a lotta them)
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!
You forgot- "Don't try this at home!"
Tripstone says: heh
Tripstone says: clanless sucks
masterjepo says: Evolution isn't any better
masterjepo says: Cave man
lolzays
lolzays, didn't:

Originally Posted by Archlurps View Post

settings:
engage 500
go crazy with the rest, but use common sense (well there's a sensible sentence)

common sense is not touching instagib knives without a flag 6 glove :P. but i'll add it anyways, just for the heck of it.

btw, i might make a version with tori havin un-instagibable joints and both arms like tori's right to give him a small chance. not sure will i dare put flag 6 on too big areas cuz it could kill the game for tori if uke could somehow sramble up the distance... it's primarily a singleplayer mod anyways.
I refuse to grab.
-
did you watch the replay? it should help.

i know some might find the joints confusing, but you would be far less amused if i did't change them, at least the elbow. you see, the knives are on neither uke's or tori's side, so they cut both. if the elbow was standard, you would without a doupt cut off your left hand while prepping a throw.

as for aiming, it should go pretty much straigth when pec is fully contracted and left hand is grabbing the pole. the height may be an issue, but what helps for me is raising the shoulder for a frame or two before releasing the knife... you'll propably need to use frac spaces.
I refuse to grab.
-