Toribash
Original Post
Splinter Cell: Conviction Pre-Order Confusion
Wikipedia:
Ubisoft have announced that Splinter Cell: Conviction will be released in three retail versions. As well as the standard version, there will be the Collector's Edition, and the Limited Collector's Edition. The Collector's Edition will be exclusive to the United States and Canada, which features a custom USB drive, an artbook based on the Splinter Cell series, two decal stickers, a comic book detailing the events leading up to Conviction, and two in-game items: an MP5-SD3 sub-machine gun and a Third Echelon spy suit.
The Limited Collector's Edition is exclusive to European, Middle Eastern, Asian and Pacific territories. It includes a high quality edition box with a Sam Fisher figurine, steelbook dvd case with the game disc, manual and game soundtrack DVD (over 17 tracks), and a card with 5 bonus in-game content codes: The MP-5 machine gun, SC3000 assault rifle, SMG-2 machine pistol, Infiltration game mode and the Shadow Armour outfit. Ubisoft released a trailer of the Limited Collector's Edition which showed an unboxing of the set.

The Amazon Limited Edition is $69.99.
The GameStop Collector's Edition is $79.99. GameStop also gives a free SPAS-12.

Which should I buy?
Is the Amazon version the Collector's Edition or the Limited Collector's Edition? Is the Limited Collector's Edition compatible with a US Xbox 360?
Are the weapons unlockable in-game, or are they exclusive to Collector's Edition people and GameStop pre-orders?
Is the Infiltration mode DLC? OK, appears that this is available from UPlay.
This sentence is a lie. This sentence is not true. This sentence is divisible by zero. This sentence is eatable.
I think that the Limited collector's edtion will be not playable on US xbox's. There usally Pal or J-NTSC and americans usally use NTSC. I know that here in australia we run pal and i can buy american games.
So you're recommending I cancel my Amazon pre-order and go for the Gamestop Edition instead.
This sentence is a lie. This sentence is not true. This sentence is divisible by zero. This sentence is eatable.
OK, to anyone who had this problem before, like me:

Amazon updated their Splinter Cell: Conviction page. Collector's Edition now appears (for 79.99 with a $5 discount). If you pre-ordered it before, you will pay only $69.99 (like me!).

The regular version has gone down in price, with a $8 discount leading up to around $52.

Sorry about the bump, but just thought I'd let everyone know.