Ranking
Original Post
Your thoughts on Securom and other DRM?
I personally hate it. It's caused me not to buy a couple of games I probably would have loved. I bought GTA IV when it was on sale for 8$ on steam without checking for a 3rd party DRM, of course it had securom I quickly canceled the download even though it was half way through and I will never play it. I would have bought the borderlands zombie island but it had securom so I said NOPE.

What about you guys? Any other Securom haters here? ever not buy a game cus of DRM ?
Friggin hate it. Don't get me wrong, i can understand them wanting to protect their games, but people still manage to crack the protection. Take Spore for example. It's Pirated-to-Bought ratio was 1:1, meaing half of all Spore copies are pirated. And then, there's those of us that don't have an Internet connection for whatever reason, or we only have 56k. DRM denies a world of gamers. I was really looking forward to Dawn of War 2, but it requires a Steam account to install. Even stupider? The Demo does as well. What, are we gonna Pirate something that's already free to begin with?

TLR: DRM is a bad thing.

Just my rant :P.
I like steam, but steam infact is DRM too so that sucks. and ya all the gmaes with securom get pirated eventually anyways.
As long as i don't notice it, I don't care. Now with oblivion, now that one gave me some trouble. >_>
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Securom and this kind of shit sucks.
They don't do anything anyways, as example Spore's new-epic-immortal-unpiratable Securom was cracked before it was even released.

:| Protection evolves and so does piracy.
Centuries Of Damn
What Dbuhos said.

I think they had it right, in a way, with Demigod. Got basically no copy protection, since they knew it was gonna be pirated anyway. I think they should've put something like good-ol' Install Shield just to stop a few, but whatever. I'm just nitpicking here.