Endurance Onslaught 6.0
View Poll Results: When do you think Sony will cease production of the PS2?
1st half of 2010
4 Votes / 16.67%
2nd half of 2010
10 Votes / 41.67%
1st half of 2011
5 Votes / 20.83%
2nd half of 2011
3 Votes / 12.50%
2012 or later (Very Unlikely)
2 Votes / 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
When Do You Think The PS2 Will Reach Its End?
As we all know the PS2 is the only console from the previous generation still having games made for it. It's becoming one of the longest lasting consoles ever, but it's obvious that it will soon come to an end. When do you think this will happen?
FUCKING MAGNETS EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH
As soon as the PS3 becomes cheap enough for everyone to get one so PS2 games will become obsolete. At the moment people can't afford the PS3 so they still use PS2, and if people still use PS2 then games will continue being made for it.
VERY IMPORTANT: THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE. IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME THEN PM ONAMIST.
It's already ending. And what do you mean people cant afford a PS3? Its only 300 bucks now, the same as an Xbox Elite
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vibacious - - Get vibin'

In terms of quality releases, it died last year.

The PS1 had the same thing happen at the end of its lifespan, with most of the last titles being lazy ports of third-party sports and puzzle games.
There will definitely still be a market for 2nd hand games etc. because, i don't think the PS3 is backwards compatible.
LIGHTING FROM MY EYES
I think the PS3 is backwards compatible on all models except the 120GB slim.
VERY IMPORTANT: THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE. IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME THEN PM ONAMIST.
Every console is dying with age constantly.

I'm sure there's spoiled kids out there that are already sick of the PS3 already.
Then number 4 comes out. With new technology etc etc.

It's never ending. PS2 is nearly gone, in my opinion.
lol
for me, next year.
The PS3 Slim is more expensive.
I think PS will reach until PS5 and no more. Because in a few years the real-life games will come...
Ps3 and ps3 slim are the exact same price.I see the ps2 meeting it's ultimate end halfway through 2010 when they drop the price yet again and everyone gets one.The ps2 had a good run though I think it can be put up there with n64 and Sega genesis.
BTW all ps3s are backwards compatible now due to a software mod that allows the ps3 to emulate the ps2's disk drive.
I'm on a quest to make a clan that will rival the power of [rawr] any name ideas? PM me