Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Alice in Chains: Black Gives Way to Blue
After 14 years from their last album, AiC has returned with their original dark, signature sound, and have put themselves back into the radio waves with their new album (thread name), released just months ago. This time, they are accompanied with a new lead singer, William DuVall, who fits the band's style very well. Once again, this album consists of a very diverse range of dynamics, ranging from very soft and light tunes, to their hard-hitting, heavy rock distortion.

As always, you can expect the complex and dark lyrics that Jerry Cantrell composes. This album features the tribute song to legendary rock singer and former AiC frontman, Layne Staley, titled Black Gives Way to Blue. Elton John himself performed the piano track for this song.

Comments? Criticism?
i mean they're okay. but nothing special
VERY IMPORTANT: THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE. IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME THEN PM ONAMIST.
Black Gives Way To Blue's main issue is the fact that it's seriously lacking of any super-great songs. While it doesn't exactly have any outright bad songs either, it's kind of impairing for AiC if they intend to hook a large audience again.

As for songs that are worth checking out, Check My Brain has an incredibly (simple and) catchy riff, Last Of My Kind is imo the best song on the record, and Private Hell does well in rounding up the three best songs.
There are a lot more songs worth checking out than just those three. Thanks, CMon, we need more of those educated comments.
Last edited by Degradation; Nov 17, 2009 at 11:51 PM.