Ranking
Original Post
Transparency?
Hey guys, if you take a look at my avatar (15/11/09;dd/mm/yy) then you'll see a white borderline. That is meant to be transparent. I have channeled it using photoshop, saved as .png and NOTHING wants to get rid of that fucking white line! So, help me please.
raydark, turn Background Layer visibility off, then save your pic. This should help.
Last edited by Luke; Nov 15, 2009 at 09:33 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PNG always work for me, but that could be be because I use a variety of different things probably.

-Upload it on photobucket
-Save some of the settings differently

I dont know really
I think I know what the issue may be. In your original post, you said that you use the alpha channel out the transparent part in PS, and then save as a .png...

Photoshop has a funny way of handling things when it comes to .png's and alpha channels. If you're going to save as a .png, just make your background transparent instead of channeling it out (sounds like exorcism, hehe). If you're going to use the alpha channel, save it as a .tga or something else that can handle transparency.
The whole take out the background thing doesn't work. :/

Combining the alpha channel thing with the take out background thing.

EDIT: Dun werk.
you need to have a transparent base layer. So it should have little squares all over it when in photoshop. Forget the Alpha channel.

Save as, and save as a png. Come on here and upload your new avi. It should work unless your PS is broken... if it is, you should just contact Adobe about it and get it fixed... unless you're running a cracked version...

And then you're just a fag.
Last edited by Brainstorm; Nov 16, 2009 at 06:10 PM.