Toribash
Original Post
c++ tasks,
im new to learning c++, and would like some basic tasks to do,
if anyone has any ideas, please post them
This was a question from one of my early C labs
Design, implement, and test a SINGLE RECURSIVE C function printArrayReverseForward such
that a call of reverseArrayReverseForward(array, 4) with array = {1, 2, 3, 4, 5} produces the
following output to the scren:
==========

It was fun :_D

try it!
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
alan: waaay too basic, i know how to cout ;P
also, gorman, i dont get exactly what i have to do :S
is it i have to use the array a[5] {1,2,3,4,5}
to cout

?
Make a program that will return the first 1000 prime numbers

Here are the first 1000 for reference.

http://lazorpwnage.googlepages.com/1000primes.txt
Last edited by War_Hero; Nov 6, 2009 at 09:36 AM.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Originally Posted by CoolD00D View Post
Isn't That A Bit 'Too' Basic?

No. He probably doesn't even know the syntax yet.
Last edited by War_Hero; Nov 6, 2009 at 09:47 AM.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
I'd say dive headfirst to getting your head around object oriented programming principles. The examples above are well and good, but they can be done in languages like structural langs like C, basic etc

What I like to give as an exercise/project before was a Record Store. Its a database that reads from a file and you have to be able to display data, add data, update data and delete data.

That should get you a taste of a few principles in OOP. That or recreate a simple game of minesweeper in the terminal :]
Try to get any non-standard library working with your chosen compiler before you even begin of thinking to use C++ for anything, as I know many people who can't do that and give up. It's better to know early if you're not up to it, than quit midway.

After that, I suggest trying to get around the functions provided by the standard library, then understanding classes and pointers.
Yep, also forces you to learn code reuse.

A lot of people i know tend to reinvent the wheel too much. If people have already made significant progress in a capability you want to have, you may as well use their libraries instead of remaking it from scratch