Toribash
Original Post
Overclocking 8600GT SLi Suggestions?
Awrite guise.

I'm trying to play Crysis at Very high Settings on 1024x178 with 2x anti aliasing to get 25-30 FPS.

with stock clock settings i get about 15 FPS, it's annoying. when i oveclock it about ~600Mhz with memory clock 450Mhz. it plays nice for about 30 minutes.
then it freezes the game.

If you guys know anything about overclock post here. this thread is on Guru3d forums aswell.

My specs are:
Intel Quad Core 2.4Ghz
2x RAM Kingston DIMM !GB (2GB Total)
2x Point of View Ge Force 8600GT 512MB (1GB Sli Mode Enabled)
500GB HDD
MotherBoard GIGABYTE i650 SLi
Power Supply 450 WATT

here is a screenshot.

And here is the stock settings:
Last edited by PlayerID57; Oct 4, 2009 at 10:05 AM.
Overclocking is a fairly dangerous thing. The first thing you should have done is check with Nvidia or the manufacturers to see if they tested it for overclocking and by how much you should overclock it.(Or just hunt google for people who've already done it)

Btw, nice desktop.
i liek turtelz xd
what do u use to know the game fps?

there is alot of programs for that?
just whant to know

get more ram it workt for me
Last edited by Bloob; Oct 4, 2009 at 07:30 PM.
Misa Campo is a babe.

But seriously, overclocking is generally pretty rough if you do it wrong, so I suggest getting "professional help" before you even try something.
Originally Posted by jaredvcxz View Post
Overclocking is a fairly dangerous thing. The first thing you should have done is check with Nvidia or the manufacturers to see if they tested it for overclocking and by how much you should overclock it.(Or just hunt google for people who've already done it)

I agree, check online and see if other people have been successful at overclocking in the past. Usually it isn't a big deal, just don't do it too far. Also, check the temperature in the BIOS after you've done each little bit to make sure it doesn't go up to far and melt the Motherboard like a cheese toastie :V
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time