Toribash
Original Post
Anime heads and what to do with them.
-- Insert long rant about what defines an anime head whist the explanation is shortened down below.--

So, this is something we have to take up again and again.
It's starting to annoy me that everyone thinks anime heads means headphones and some weird colored hair. No, it doesn't, and it's friggen annoying.
Let's take an example where someone made an "anime" head without headphone, because they don't need it, etc etc etc.

HeadMaker: Look here I made an anime head: -insert imageshack link here-
Someweirdguy: Oh, it looks nice.
HM: You think so?
SWG: Yes, but you should add headphones, that will make it a lot more awesome.
Or to say it in their language: "Add headphones plox, shits gonna be more awzum".

So, this is going to be a problem, cause if I am to make a request, and I want an anime head, everyone - Yes, everyone - will most likely make a head with headphones, because they think that's what defines an anime head.

On a last note: Headphones should really be something one should have as a side detail and not as the main thing to define the style.

Now give me some good posts here. I don't give a flying duck about stupid posts if there are any.

On a very last note: Yes, I meant to write "flying duck".

Added emo-head rant:

And of course, if that's not enough, let me tell you about emo-heads. They are just the same. I've seen dozens of them. You have people requesting anime-heads, they get something with headphones, and then someone mysteriously call it anime-head as well. Yes, of course emo-head is something slightly - Yes, slightly - different, but then again, they all look alike. I mean, how many emoes have you seen in your life wearing headphones in different colors?
Last edited by Tapion; Oct 1, 2009 at 03:52 PM.
Sigma | Gata
Lost pet looking for home
I know what you mean Tapion.
It's the same with these stupid "emo-heads with headphones" that EVERYONE keeps requesting from headmakers.
and indeed it IS annoying
Originally Posted by destiny View Post
I know what you mean Tapion.
It's the same with these stupid "emo-heads with headphones" that EVERYONE keeps requesting from headmakers.
and indeed it IS annoying

I should have included that, because emo-head go under the same category as anime-heads nowadays. Thanks, I'll add that straight away.
Sigma | Gata
*starts new trend with heads wearing pilot glasses*

I get what you mean. It's all about fashion though. At one point, tribal heads were the shit. At a later point, bloody, angry faces were the shit. Then came the emo-style heads, before being replaced by the headphone-trend.

It's just a thing that people find awesome. Think about it. When ripped jeans were really "in", is it not true that most manufacturers made a lot of them, because that's what brought in the cash?
I get your point Cmon but:
The non-mainstream things also have their fans.
Like some people buy stuff just because it's NOT mainstream.
I like that alot more.
Originally Posted by CMon View Post
*starts new trend with heads wearing pilot glasses*

I get what you mean. It's all about fashion though. At one point, tribal heads were the shit. At a later point, bloody, angry faces were the shit. Then came the emo-style heads, before being replaced by the headphone-trend.

It's just a thing that people find awesome. Think about it. When ripped jeans were really "in", is it not true that most manufacturers made a lot of them, because that's what brought in the cash?

Yes of course it's all about thrend, but you got to look at it from an artist's view. You can't really call it anime-head, or emo-head. I mean, have you seen many animes where they constantly, or nearly constantly wear headphones, I can name one, and only one that I know about.

Shaman King, yes indeed, Shaman King. The main person wears headphones, but that doesn't mean it's what anime-heads should be all about. You have even more anime's where the people in the anime wears headbands.

But still, headphones should only be an addition to the head.
Sigma | Gata