Toribash
Original Post
The pqlmq virus
Hey everyone, I'm just wondering how to get rid of this pqmlq virus. I have never seen any virus like this before and it's really strange. When you start up your computer, it comes up with a box that's like one you'd get when you wanna restore something from the recycle bin with the program called "pqmlq".
When I first saw it I thought it was nothing, but if you click on any of the options in the box in basically recks up your computer. It only does this sometimes and it's getting very annyoing.
I've googled it and found anti virus programs and downloaded them. They detect this virus and claims to have removed it. After it is "removed" it asks me to restart, so I do and then the same thing happens.
Everyone at my school has this same virus on their laptops, I don't know what to do. I've asked them and they're as frustrated as I am.
Anyone got and ideas besides wiping my computer?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
i wub u lSl :D
[vibe] [ORMO] [GATA]

drink lots of fluids and get some extra sleep. works wonders for your anti virus system
"You didn't hurt me nothing can hurt me / nothing can hurt me nothing can stop me now"
waphtuos.... he meant a computer virus...
Unless you were just trying to be a smartass, in that case, knock it off.

Try getting on IRC, or use the new webchat feature. I'm sure someone is able to give you a hand, considering most people in #toribash are tech experts.
Back in my day...
Actually, incorrect with those exact instructions, Warcry, but if you format absolutely everything possible on the infected hard drive, then if it doesn't you're probably screwed.

Regardless, you may very well accidentally back up the virus, so be careful there.

In other words, you're probably stuck wiping your computer.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Wiping my computer's my last option. Also, I know where the virus is I just don't know how to access it. If I back up my stuff, it won't go with it.
I have backed up all my stuff I just wanna find some alternatives if there are any.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
i wub u lSl :D
[vibe] [ORMO] [GATA]

System restore.
PC: during startup, look for the option "Start w/ prompts" it will be like F11
A popup may come up saying something is wrong and to try a system restore, click it.
It won't delete everything, just the stuff downloaded/changed/anything in the last few days or so.
TRy dl avast! home edition antivirus if uve got windows something, upgrade it to lastest ersion and scan all pc slowly. =D

its free edition