Ranking
Original Post
Hey, can somebody help me out?
Hi guys. I’m having problems with my MSN messenger.
It won’t let me log-in.
When I try it says: "Signing in to windows live messenger has failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."
This started 3 days ago.
When I pressed more information it came up with:"Error code: 8000401a".
It also said " Get more information... "
Once I followed the link I re-downloaded messenger again and again.
I even used a program called "Revo Uninstaller" To search my pc and wipe it clean of MSN but the problem is still the same.
Please help me out guys.
Thanks
~kwy
MSN did this to me some time back. I think i tried a few different versions of it and that might have worked. There are also some 3rd party alternatives that use your msn account, i think.

It works for me now, so something must have gone right there. Also check your internet connection..i'm shit on this sort of thing but maybe it's being blocked by some security or whatever lol.
I had to uninstall it and then reinstall it. That's what I had to do to fix that problem.
Sigma
<apple> Fine, I love you in the gayest of ways.
Try checking the time and date settings on your computer. Make sure they're set to the exact date, otherwise it wont let you log in. Also, any firewalls blocking the connection possibly? Have you installed any antivirus or updated windows in these 3 days?
NEW ACCOUNT: ZAPACHOO
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have the latest version. I didnt change the date. I tried to re install multiple times and i have had my antivirus for like a month. Thanks for the tips anyway.
Go on google, and search for that error code. I'm sure that there is an explanation. Each error code tells you what kind of problem it is.
Back in my day...
Re-Check the date and time, I swear, it's the most common MSN problem.
NEW ACCOUNT: ZAPACHOO
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~