Toribash
Original Post
Gears of War 2
This is a thread were you bag the gears of war games. I'll get it started, the very first gears of war game was an average and very short shooter, i did not get why everyone raved about it, so i didn't bother with gears 2, and everyone is raving about it when it is still probably also a very average shooter.
Possibly because it is brutal as all hell and fucking awesome? There's nothing like having a guy trying to jump over your cover, blindfiring with the shotgun as he comes over and his leg getting blasted off as the body lands with a crunch beside you on the bitumen.

Also, I live for the sound a Boltok headshot makes. So crunchy.
Mmmmmmmm.
infamous
I have it and its awesome.. I'm still finding new friends to play with since I'm just new in it...
Originally Posted by coloo View Post
This is a thread were you bag the gears of war games. I'll get it started, the very first gears of war game was an average and very short shooter, i did not get why everyone raved about it, so i didn't bother with gears 2, and everyone is raving about it when it is still probably also a very average shooter.

Possibly one of the best shooters, To like it you have to actually practice in it, such as no-scoping or shotgun tactics.

OR you will get ripped apart during online, which is the funnest part. ( The online i mean ) I have NEVER completed the campaign on either one, maybe got close to on the hardest, but never completed it.

Online mostly never gets repetitive, because theres always a different tactic you can do, Aswell as the four weapons you can carry at the same time and mix up.

I THINK i still have XBL, add me and i'll play with you.

LDFN NoobCaekz

Anyone can add me if you want to play, Just state your name in TB.

( The GT was directed to aspire )
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
.::[Latin]::..-Ldr[GU]-[OLDA]-[PwN]-[TO]-[BISH]-[MG]-[WLT]

[Auction].::Full Demo Set::.
~TheElement Signature WingFlame
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
Possibly because it is brutal as all hell and fucking awesome? There's nothing like having a guy trying to jump over your cover, blindfiring with the shotgun as he comes over and his leg getting blasted off as the body lands with a crunch beside you on the bitumen.

Also, I live for the sound a Boltok headshot makes. So crunchy.
Mmmmmmmm.

This would work if the actual gameplay wasn't sooo lacklustre and the guns didnt feel like lego, and also this is a hate thread so if your a fan, then there is no point posting here.
So sorry, but not many people will post here in that case.

Also, I gather you haven't heard of stylization? In case you haven't noticed, Epic likes to make everything overly masculine. That applies to guns as well. I personally love the style of the whole series. Super gritty and cheesy style plus 'lacklustre' (perfectly fine) gameplay make the game fun.

It may not be the greatest shooter ever, but it's fucking fun.
Same goes for Halo. Certain people think they gain some kind of cred by hating popular games and acting like 'hardcore gamers'.
The rest of us think you're idiots.
infamous
I love Gears 2. Master of it on live, and personally I think the storyline was excellent.
In my personal taste, it's the best shooter I've played.
Back in my day...
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
So sorry, but not many people will post here in that case.

Also, I gather you haven't heard of stylization? In case you haven't noticed, Epic likes to make everything overly masculine. That applies to guns as well. I personally love the style of the whole series. Super gritty and cheesy style plus 'lacklustre' (perfectly fine) gameplay make the game fun.

It may not be the greatest shooter ever, but it's fucking fun.
Same goes for Halo. Certain people think they gain some kind of cred by hating popular games and acting like 'hardcore gamers'.
The rest of us think you're idiots.

I do like halo, but in halo 3 the gameplay was starting to lessen in quality unless you were in multiplayer, if it wasnt for the story i wouldnt have bothered finishing it, im not a hardcore gamer, i just dont like lego guns and having to QTE just to get a good reload, it is also incredibly short and if you want a game with guns that reload normally and dont feel like they were manufactured by Metel, the barbie doll company, i suggest you play some call of duty or far cry 2.
I have Far Cry 2 and I love it.
Call of Duty is full of Mattel levels.
You don't have to QTE to get a good reload. Just let the damn slider go on its own.
Or you can try for the perfect, which takes a while to master, and deal shitloads of damage.
The game rewards skill with extra damage and a higher rate of fire.
infamous