Toribash
Original Post
Juicy Potential
I've got a move that's a great set-up for a kick. I doubt it's original, but I really wanna figure out the execution. I could use a grab, but if I was willing to do that, it would be a finished replay, and not in the "Halp, I'm very too much a nub!!!" section. So, it would be greatly appreciated if somebody could give me a nudge in the right direction. Or a kick off the cliff. Whatever
Attached Files
0Gotoit3.rpl (57.6 KB, 29 views)
Last edited by gunshy_old; Aug 30, 2009 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Typo
Smooches!!!
Haha, thanks for trying Guardian. But I'm looking for a kick that comes after I get above Uke's head in that flipping motion. Sorry I didn't specify that before. But at least you got a dm out of it
Smooches!!!
I haven't tried yet, but from what I can tell, it's wayy to weak. I can tell by the speed of the overhead spin, it's hardly enough power to get a decap. It might potentially work, but try to aim for the neck. Even if you do get the decap, it wouldn't look very good.

Also, I noticed that you did not move a single joint in mid-air. This cause it to look stiff and such.
Well, it's definitely possible to get a decap out of that kick. To be honest I don't even remember what joints I changed for it, I think the key was to relax the ankle for a bit to get the angle right, and then contract again to hit the right spot.

Yep, I tried it again and just by relaxing the ankle for a few frames and then contracting again, the kick made a decap.
Attached Files
huh.rpl (68.7 KB, 10 views)
Last edited by Magix; Aug 30, 2009 at 10:49 AM.
I really appreciate you guys helping me out. I think I'm going to try to refine the move to make a faster flip so it looks better and it's easier to dm. Sprytryne's 'dammmitttt' is definitely more what I'm after though. And to you, DeeJay, thank you for your reply. Try to remember, though, this is a VERY BASIC setup for what I'm trying to accomplish. Think of it as...An outline, more or less. And that's why I didn't move anything in the air. I'll work on the move, and I'll post it in replays when it's perfected. It'll take me a while, I'm sure, but it'll be worth it
Smooches!!!