Toribash
Original Post
Games you recommend?
I recently came accross some money (not much $175 last time I checked that could be 3 highly overpriced games). And I want to spend my money on some new games.

So I'd like some reccomendations from people who actually have a wide range of games :ooo

Some requirements though :ooo

-PC games only. I'm never really on my consoles so it'd be a wasted investment (kind of like my consoles -_-)
-I'm not really a fan of RPGs. So don't recommend every RPG you know. Just 1 or 2. I'd only play it as a boredom buster most likely. Kind of the same case with RTS.
-No monthly subscriptions. I hate games like that. It's not enough that I payed you 50 something dollars, no, you have to leech now a constant source of income.
-Good storyline/gameplay. I cannot stress this one enough. The last few games I've played have been TERRIBLE with storyline and/or gameplay. Nothing turns me off faster than that.

I pretty much have no new-ish games other than Unreal Tournament 3 so you have very little odds of naming something I already have. My PC is relativly good (I had to skrimp a bit with the graphics cards but they're still good) so most, if not all games will work. And I have Vista, so Games for Windows stuff is ok for me too.

A basic outline of the game (genre, difficulty, your opinion on it, etc.) would be nice. After all I'm looking for recommendations, not a list.

And if you really have the time you could tell me it's current market price :3 save me from some effort.

Also, just to get at least SOME people helping me out, for incentive, after I buy my games, the first person to have mentioned one of those games will recieve 1k from me. If I really liked it an extra 1.5k or more could be sent. Just as incentive...
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
If you dont have it, Id always recommend The Orange Box. Really awesome games for a great value :V

It comes with Half-life 2, Episode one and episode two which is a great fps with a really cool storyline. Really fun game to go through with a cool deathmatch mode online.
Portals which is a really fun puzzle fps that will keep you entertained for a while.
And Team Fortress 2 which is like, the best mp fps game around :>

Currently if you buy it off steam it is $30. Im not sure if it is the same if you pick it up at an electronics shop, but it should be around that still.

Another good game to play through is Fallout 3 if you dont have that.
It is an open world fps built pretty much like oblivion but with guns and lots and lots of gore. Well, ya it has a lot of rpg elements also, but it plays much more like a shooter than anything.
Really cool game and it will eat up days of your life. It is really easy to just get lost in the game exploring and stuff.
I think the price for it is still $50 for the pc though ;o
Last edited by Mosier; Jun 17, 2009 at 05:18 PM.
5:13 PM - vasp: everybody's nuts is so good
[00:18:38] <&vespesi3n> you should see when i swallow
[21:49:37] <&vespesi3n> >my mouth when
[21:49:43] <&vespesi3n> >my tastebuds when
Plants vs. Zombies. Totally worth the 10 bucks it costs. It's kind of a tower defense game, made by PopCap. I'd suggest you try the demo first, though, but considering the overall extremely positive reviews it has gotten... Well, it wouldn't be money wasted.
To sum up what the game's about: You are a human inside a house, who we never get to see. For some obscure reason, a gagillion zombies have decided to come and try to eat your brains. To defend yourself, you have to plant a wide variety of plants, which act pretty much like defensive towers, all of them having their own function. The game is quite humorous and lighthearted, despite the zombies, so you're in for a fun time. There's also a ton of different zombies with different abilities, so you'll often have to adapt your strategy.

Also, Zeno Clash. It's a pretty weird game, but the brutality and in-your-face feeling of the fistfighting is unparalleled, if you ask me. You'd want to try the demo, what with the game being a love-or-hate game, but personally, i've enjoyed it. Once again, try the demo, see if you like.
Gaem sum-up: You are Ghat, some tribal-dude in a totally bizarre world called Zenozoik. You happen to have killed your father and mother, which is conveniently one single hermaphrodite. Your brothers and sisters hate the fuck out of you, and want to beat you to death. In return, you beat the living daylights out of them. You also get to beat the shit out of some insane forest-dwelling humanoids called Corwids. To do this, you have a variety of more or less brutal moves, including, but not limited to: a strong punch to the face, several knees to the face, and a brutal sidekick to their chin, which sends them flying. There's also several weapons available, but the main focus is on fist-fighting.
Oh yeah, it's all in first person perspective, except the cutscenes.

Both games are found on Steam. =P
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
hmm, necrovision?
* ego gently touches Snorlaxen's manly chest while shivering at the thought of being caught out here alone with him.
Ok first, @Mosier, I've heard nothing but positive reviews about The Orange Box so I'll probably buy it.

@shook, I'm not so interested in tower defense but Zeno Clash seems fairly interesting. I'll check it out.

@Snorlaxen, Just a title? Not much help there. I'll give it a lookey anyways.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
If you're going to get Xeno Clash and the Orange Box, Garry's Mod is a must-have. Xeno Clash and all the Orange Box games support it. And did I mention it's awesome?
Last edited by CiaoTime; Jun 18, 2009 at 05:09 PM. Reason: moar italics
I wasn't into tower defense either, but my friend recommended PlantsVsZombies, and its fucking win. I can't even describe how awesome it is.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
I wasn't into tower defense either, but my friend recommended PlantsVsZombies, and its fucking win. I can't even describe how awesome it is.

Yes,i agree,i can post some hand made screenshots whit zombie types and plants (i finished the game)

Also Zeno Clash is a good choice too.
Centuries Of Damn
Somebody already mentioned it, but the orange box is a must have. I still can't believe it's only $30. I would buy TF2 alone for $50.

I still think Left4Dead is fun even though some people are angry about Left4Dead 2 coming out. I especially like playing versus and playing as the infected. If you do get it, I would recommend finding a few friends to play with so you don't get a crappy team.

KillingFloor is a fun $20 indie game that came out a few weeks ago. It's co-op online and you and other survivors fight off mutated monsters. It's pretty cool and it has a neat perk leveling system.
I strongly recommend you save 50$ for L4D2. That being said, Prototype is well worth buying, I just beat it. It's fucking amazing. The amount of destruction you can cause is literally mind-blowing. The game is a 10/10 on the "holy fucking shit did you see that" factor. Another solid buy is of course, the Orange Box.