Ranking
Original Post
Mobsters/Nightfall Bloodlines
A myspace application, but a game all the same.

I'd just like to know who else has this game and what you think about it, what your stats are, etc.

I'll post mine after you guys, and if you want to join my mob/clan it'd be my pleasure to play along side you all.

For those who do not know what either are, I'll copy and paste you a couple reviews.

Nightfall Bloodlines review.

It's still a work in progress; we haven't gotten the kinks out of the Darkness system, and there's only content up through level 45 (out of a planned 100).

It's not a dramatic departure from existing social network RPGs like Mobsters, Elven Blood or Hammerfall (all worth checking out, if you're interested in this game style); you accomplish missions with energy, which regenerates slowly over time, gain levels, can attack other players, etc. The "territories" of Mob games are replaced by companions (bloodslaves you can gain if your Darkness is high, free companions you can gain if your Darkness is low); "equipment" becomes "powers;" and yes, as is typical for these games, you need to recruit other social network members to your "clan" to accomplish some missions, and you can advance more quickly if you purchase "favor points" (or sign up for CPA offers for such), though this isn't required for advancement or to play.

Where it differs is:

It's set in the contemporary world; I wanted the feeling of the novels of Anne Rice, Poppy Z. Brite, and Charlaine Harris, not the medievalism of Dracula.
Like Elven Blood, you move from location to location, and different missions and companions are available at each. Unlike that game, the locations aren't imaginary, but real-world places -- the first few levels have you moving about New York, but ultimately you travel to exotic locations across the planet -- some esoteric ones, like the Valley of Kings of the Isle of Lewis, but others interesting urban settings, like Edinburgh and Tokyo.
There's a definite narrative arc to the game -- some implicit in the changing locations and missions, but also you explicitly gain "story points" that get added to your "journal" and provide background and information about the game.
It's the contemporary world, but once in which vampires, werewolves, zombies, stranger monsters, monster-fighting secret societies, and the occult wings of national espionage agencies contend.
The game also poses you a bit of a moral choice; you can treat humans as nothing more than cattle to prey upon (increasing your Darkness, but providing access to more efficient missions, in terms of experience point and blood rewards), or refrain from killing except when absolutely necessary (less efficient, but giving you access to free companions and not just bloodslaves).
Check it out, if you have a MySpace account and get the chance -- and if you need one additional clan member, at any rate, you can find me on MySpace here. Add me as a friend, then "invite" me through the game.

~from http://playthisthing.com/nightfall-bloodlines

And a mobsters review.

Mypsace is among the most famous social networks. One of its features is the ability to include applications or small pieces of add-ons that gives you lots of different things to do other than hanging out with your friends online. The most common types of applications are games. Some of

them even give you the ability to play with your friends who are in your network. Probably the most famous of them all is Mobsters.

Mobsters is a Myspace game application wherein you play as a mob and gather equipments and territories and earn money (just in-game money). You can also increase the size of your mob by adding your friends (who are in your friend network). Your mob also has its own stats such as energy (how many missions you can do), health, stamina (how many times you can compete), and experience points. As you increase your levels, you can add more stats so you could do more advanced missions that give better rewards.

The game play is rather complicated when you first play the game but you'll probably be able to get the hang of the game after a few hours. The first thing you'd notice is that money is very essential. You need money to buy the equipments and the territories and it is quite hard especially if you're just starting because most of them are really expensive. You can gather money by completing missions and you'll money or items as rewards or even additional experience points. You can also gain money at an hourly rate when you buy properties. It takes time to acquire a good hourly income in the game.

Another feature of the game is the ability to fight other mobs. During fights, the outcome will depend on the equipments you have. There are weapons, armors, and even vehicles. The one who has better equipments has a higher chance of winning. The loser may lose money or even some experience points. Both will lose health but usually, the mob that loses will lose more health. Also, if you're expecting a story, you'd be disappointed since there is no storyline since it is all action.

~ from http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...rs_review.html

So, yeah. Post.
collect snots from the nose