View Poll Results: Which Handheld Do You Prefer
Nintendo DS
15 Votes / 31.25%
Sony PSP
33 Votes / 68.75%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by Talinn View Post
Nintendo is for little kids and soccer moms now, you really want to compare it to a Sony product?

QFFT.
i have a psp and a DS
yeah i choose the psp
my DS fall from my hands 2 times on the ground
and the psp fall only once when i look at it its on the blue screen like in the windows xp
then i said LOLWUT?
now its broken
and i keep playing the wii,DS,DS lite
while the sony faded at my life early
oh well
nintendo rules
^ Not what he said

DS
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
Originally Posted by Qegola View Post
DS Lite was good. Some decent solid games there. Backwars compat. with GBA along with some nice add-on features only available by using both slots on the machine. Plus touch screen adds a new depth to gameplay.

Gameplay which, at best, is consistently shallow anyway.

Like I said, some decent solid games... But not many. It kinda makes me wonder what some people mean when they say 'DS is a purely gaming machine'. Bullshit. Brain Training. I rest my case.

And those who say 'DSi owns PSP', have you forgotten something? The DSi's camera is something like 0.3 megapixels. My 2 year old phone has a better camera than that. And it can play music now!!! So what? MP3 player much? They cost about £15 for a 2 gig one. Saves on you buying a £20 SD card. Oh, and as Ishi mentioned, the lack of backwards compatibility = lack of second-slot functions = lack of gameplay = even wrose. Updating to a DSi is really a well disguised and expensive downgrade.

That said, PSP has emulators, always had built-in media functions, has a good variety of good games (and not gimmicky shit like Cooking Mama), decent online capabilities (lets face it, Nintendo suck for online functionality), a new, yet somewhat familiar, control setup, and its not hard to port homebrew. That, and CAVE STORY (which is reason enough why PSP is better).

The DS only has two real saving graces; Phoenix Wright and Elite Beat Agents.

ahhhh, reading this was like a breath of fresh air.

anyway pspvs. Ds.

one guy said that they're advertising soccer moms. he is right. it's targeted for middle aged women I mean look at their games.

my yoga instructor
my weight loss coach

heck even the LOZ commercial has giggleing women on a couch.

oh and as for the dsi, camera= sucks but I would imagine the photo editing would be fun.

psp.
movies
music
good graphics
pictures
internet ( but browser is slow)

the psp and ds are basicly the same with minor differencesother than smoother graphics.

there are not alt of games for the psp but most of them, don' suck.
like cooking mama, nintendogs, brain age.

nintendo is selling it's soul and relation with gamers. the SNES NES and N64 were all awsome. then the gamecube came, after the ps2 with mediocre graphics and so far nintendo consoles have ad graphics.

oops off topic.

like I said minor differnces.

I like the psp better mainly because I'm not constantly plowing bad games out of the way to find the good ones.

PSP FTW!

the psp. another guy
My seniority means you should probably just agree with everything I say
A good portion here don't even give valid or intelligent reasoning to their statements. D:

In any case, I pick DS primary because I own it and not the PSP. I have honestly have yet been let down by my purchase and am tempted to buy another.

I've been impressed with the amount of RPGs coming to the DS: Also, Castlevania Dawn of Sorrows and the World Ends With You, reside in my personal top 10 list. I really believe it has a decent game library. Some people just ain't secure enough to play a console that has puppy simulators and games without heavy blood I suppose: let alone play those games in public.

As for the "too many bad games to sort through" excuse, wasn't that a bad point to the Playstation 2 as well but didn't seem to count against it?.. (console wars and their irony)

I just can't see that reasoning as valid.

What self proclaimed "gamer" (as people like to tout) nowadays actually goes down an isle and picks up a game WITHOUT researching it... then buys it on the spot? Thanks to the wonders of the internet you can look up a game before making your purchase. If sorting through a longer list of games is truly a burden for you on the internet (where you can sort games by review scores and category) then I truly fear for humanity.

The days when you could walk into a store and randomly pick up a game that's a gem every time...no longer exist for any console.

If a console has some games that you don't like... games that weren't targeted at you: don't buy them? If you are going to say that's ALL the library has to offer then fanboyism is clearly being spouted.
Last edited by lancer_c; May 20, 2009 at 01:51 AM.
my choice is the ds lite, soon to be known as the dsi and previously the ds. I was raised on nintendo, and besides-im a pokemaniac.
my xbl gamertag: ‘Mr Muktuk'
Be jelly NOW.