Toribash
Originally Posted by iTemp View Post
a list based on how many tournament wins they have won or you meant how many wins overall they have under their belt, most of the people have literally farmed their games so imo it doesn’t seem that fair to base it on that

Speaking abt large event for the placement on an “official” all time tier list, so it will only involve currently active players and based on how many wins you accumulate in the tourney would rank you in X position on the tier list. Losses bring down your ranking on tier list depending on the W/L record of that player - it should be a rotation in which every player would play another X amount of times adding up to a total of X wins, based on your W/L percentage on the tourney it will determine the tier placement
teeth marks on my goosebumps, the chains frostbit me.
Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
I am undertaking the challenge of creating an actual tierlist with thought behind it with shmevin, diamond, itemp, felnin and comet. Please ignore all other tierlists because they're wrong and shrouded in bias. We have criteria for each placement. Stay patient toribash community, we will finally make a correct toribash tierlist.

I better be on this list. . .
|Obey|
Turning over a new leaf!
Put my alts up there while you're at it. They dueled once or twice.
<a href=https://imgur.com/gallery/AnXm6 target=_blank>https://imgur.com/gallery/AnXm6</a>
Dargon Moderated Message:
Infracted for having the best goddamn replays in Toribash history.

how tf am i not on this list either, am i really this slept on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Mwah ur complicating this bruh there’s literally a ranking system already that consists of what ur talking abt lol

not complicated

ranking system resets and not the same concept

without something proven with results all the "official tier lists" will be only opinion based from players who are not even the undisputed best at everything
In my personal opinion I think that it’s flawed because players who are undisputed best at everything could just not partake in things like that and then basically mean a random named bobbyT can be at the top of the list yet without that much effort because others don’t care to partake in it, people now a days don’t play the game because they don’t really want to anymore and have already been capped out of the game or don’t really care anymore
In my personal opinion I think that it’s flawed because players who are undisputed best at everything could just not partake in things like that and then basically mean a random named bobbyT can be at the top of the list yet without that much effort because others don’t care to partake in it, people now a days don’t play the game because they don’t really want to anymore and have already been capped out of the game or don’t really care anymore

well if they dont participate they wont be on the list, but there are many players that aren't even accounte for because they aren't active - so the tier list is mostly just of the recent events of the active players

otherwise guys like odlov, scheczudio, fistoflife, maldiluna, fatulbrown, rkg, exbattle or whoever will not be apart of the list because we can't gauge their skill at the game anymore at this stage - although the were good or the best of whatever their prime time

so if the trend right now is tier lists, no matter what group of players you put together it will always be the opinion of a minority group and we can't say that that is the most accurate - from what i saw everyones list are all over the place except for a few obvious names because of their recent accolades

tl;dr - if we want to make this tier list thing the most unbiased, the active players would have to be willing to prove their tier

there should ofc be some players who start at a higher tier based on placement in the large important tourneys for the past (3 years?). and maybe only top players are invited to play - we dont really need to know that gamer5859 is F tier
Originally Posted by mWah View Post
well if they dont participate they wont be on the list, but there are many players that aren't even accounte for because they aren't active - so the tier list is mostly just of the recent events of the active players

otherwise guys like odlov, scheczudio, fistoflife, maldiluna, fatulbrown, rkg, exbattle or whoever will not be apart of the list because we can't gauge their skill at the game anymore at this stage - although the were good or the best of whatever their prime time

so if the trend right now is tier lists, no matter what group of players you put together it will always be the opinion of a minority group and we can't say that that is the most accurate - from what i saw everyones list are all over the place except for a few obvious names because of their recent accolades

tl;dr - if we want to make this tier list thing the most unbiased, the active players would have to be willing to prove their tier

there should ofc be some players who start at a higher tier based on placement in the large important tourneys for the past (3 years?). and maybe only top players are invited to play - we dont really need to know that gamer5859 is F tier

I believe it is possible, to some degree, to compare older players with newer players based on their relative strength to others at the time they played. In early 2010s aikidobigdojo was the mod 95% of bet servers and duel servers played on, so a master at that mod could likely be placed on the same level as a more recent player who is exceptionally good at two or more mods. I agree though, its hard to judge players who were able to win a major tournament or played a significant role in a group/clan tournament. In my opinion I'd rather do a tier list where the scope is narrowed duelers or gamblers. I have a slight bias due to actively participating in this scenes, but its easier to assess a player's skill compared to each other.

If I had to weigh a player's spot on an general competitive tier list, the three things I would consider are 1.) how strong they are compared to other players 2.) how many mods they can play and how good they are in them 3.) how long they've been playing on a competitive level.

The idea of having active players prove their tier is interesting though. It might be a fun idea to have an actively managed leaderboard, where players have a rank on the board and they can challenge those higher than them on the leaderboard to take their spot.
Last edited by Shmevin; Oct 4, 2023 at 04:43 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]