Ranking
Originally Posted by MrDocSir View Post
I think it would be cool to have just a hand controller so that you could press it, move into a good position, release and it sticks.

This would be the only way.

>Click the button
>Move into the position you want
>Click the button, and then stop.

You wouldnt have to stay in this position, but you would need to get back into it before the first click of the next turn. Or at least something like it.

inb4"it would be cool if you actually felt pain"
Maybe another wii remake of tb, but with nintendo's new system would look good, but kinect, no.

I also think it'd be really cool if you felt pain.
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
But TB is based on frames, so can you do 10 frames worth of backflip then freeze in mid air until the next turn followed by the next 10 frames? I think not.

Irrelevant, the few people who could do backflips in their lounge room in front of the kinect could certainly figure something out!

Also I /was/ suggesting real time using the TB engine...
You would pretty much need multiple sensors over the room, Also you could just do something like close your hand over the joints you want to move.
This idea is soo shit , because fat replay makers will not be able to do what they can do with toribash.
I.e. NutHug
<Marco> and then Oblivion tried to sexually assault me
<Oblivion> and Marco wasn't surprised at all
Originally Posted by thehawk View Post
how would you do running?

Treadmill.

I don't think there's any way a toribash-style game would work with kinect, would just be too odd and potentially harmful to the player.
Toribash + Kinect = Meeting up at the next Toricon and hosting a fight club. Last man standing wins the tournament and 200k.

Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
But TB is based on frames, so can you do 10 frames worth of backflip then freeze in mid air until the next turn followed by the next 10 frames? I think not.

I think this is the main issue. Otherwise, kinect would make for some sweet realistic replays (if the players themselves could do the moves).
beep
One other problem would be, how would you react to your opponents moves? If he punches you, how would you physically feel that? If you get swept by your opponent, you would just stand up and virtually nothing happened