Toribash
Originally Posted by Zycosi View Post
I agree with the rest of what you said but this is straight up elitism. First of all that quote is pretty obviously just somebody who just hasn't listened to any good pop seeing as he/she thinks none of it has a meaning.

Secondly you seem to think that you would know if people on Toribash listened to pop, do you go onto servers and have polls? Because if you don't then that is a bit of a flaw in your theory.

Thirdly, liking instant gratification isn't the same as not being able to commit, and it certainly doesn't mean that they are unintelligent. That last bit is the worst of all, you seriously think that what music somebody listens to is related to intelligence? What if somebody was simply raised in a household where that kind of music was played?

In fact, even your idea of what intelligence is, is wrong. Intelligence isn't simply learning things, knowing calculus or how many bits there are in an yottabyte all of that is knowledge, which is different. That isn't to say that knowledge doesn't let intelligence shine but intelligence it is about creating a new way to solve a problem on the fly, or not making conclusions where there are none to be made. And again wanting instant gratification isn't the same as not appreciating things that take longer

I do see your point, there are flaws in the conclusions I have drawn. But in defense I have looked at many music boards and have actually asked in many servers what kinds of music people like. I don't think iv ever got an answer like yknow that stuff they play on the radio
[sigpic][/sigpic]
From a looong time ago:
[21:56]<Blam>ManBreakfast: Frunk wants to know why you banned him from IRC
[21:56]<ManBreakfast>oh, fuck
[21:56]=-=Mode #toribash -b Frunk!*Frankie'sip by ManBreakfast
i disagree because i enjoy playing toribash and i am not computer smart but my friend is a geek and he likes it but that maynot be the case with the rest of toribash
Disagreed. People who like toribash are not necessarily similar. Probably most of us are as different as black and white. Take race, for example. I am Chinese, and I do not know any other Chinese people who play this game. Although I do know many Russians like toribash.
I knew plenty of chinese players. You are overestimating how much race differs two people, just because two people are of different races, doesn't mean they don't share similar qualities, or interests.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
From a looong time ago:
[21:56]<Blam>ManBreakfast: Frunk wants to know why you banned him from IRC
[21:56]<ManBreakfast>oh, fuck
[21:56]=-=Mode #toribash -b Frunk!*Frankie'sip by ManBreakfast
of course people are similar in a way! that is with every game.
with Toribash you need to like to plan forward and make strategy's, also you need a lot of patience.
other then that, people aren't that similar. wether you are smart or stupid doesn't matter, you can still like the game.
Originally Posted by novamage View Post
Disagreed. People who like toribash are not necessarily similar. Probably most of us are as different as black and white. Take race, for example. I am Chinese, and I do not know any other Chinese people who play this game. Although I do know many Russians like toribash.

on that point i disagree with u .......
i think race don't mean anything in here but i agree with dat we rn't similar like many players thinks.......
Originally Posted by Boredpayne View Post
It attracts younger people because of the gore and violence.
It attracts older people because of the strategic aspects, creative freedom, and the steep learning curve.

Also yeah, if you're a kid who's hooked, it's doubtful your friends will also have the time or patience to master a game like toribash.

I have to agree with you. I went from liking the gore and violence, and then as I matured I began to like the freedom, and all that other stuff..
A lot of my friends who I showed the game to and liked it, were the people who first laughed at it(in a good way) and later began to understand it,
1. Do you agree/disagree and why.

I agree. Also, someone said something about younger players and gore, and older players and stratagy, see above. Its pretty right.

Also, I agree for other reasons. If you look at all the toribash players, you can put them in groups..usually by their belts. Now this doesn't apply to all players, but to many:
(For 1st accounts, not alts)
White-blue: Usually where people quit. They wanna see what the game is like. Usually like 'OMG A 4TH DAN! *faints*' Don't quiet understand tb, so they're more competitive but not that serious.

Brown:Get a little more competitive, and start to take tb kinda serious, but not too bad. Have a growing ego.

Black/2nd Dan: In my opinion, the most annoying players of tb. 99% seem to have some insane sense of elitism. Many are quiet cocky and take the game very seriously.

Most of the other dans: More laid back, have a nice ego. May feel like they deserve things they don't.(<- may apply to black/2nd dan)

Everything above: Can either be very egotistical. Or just laid back and don't give a shit haha.

Want to try something completely new to the Toribash Forums? Try the 10 Push-up Challenge!

Well, we are similar because we all play toribash, but we are also different because we live in different countries and speak different languages
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/