Ranking
Thanks, Shook.

I'm gonna put Brutal Doom on my tocheckout list It never occured to me that mods were already a "thing" back then. I got into the whole modding thing a bit late and all of the games I've finished during the 90's were pretty much all vanilla.

I love doom 1+2 I was also really into Heretic during those times.
I enjoyed playing Descent games too but I never finished it. Thanks for reminding me about it.

All this nostalgia, good lord.

I'm looking at screens of Radix right now. It looks pretty siiick. Ty for this fine suggestion.
Last edited by illv; Aug 20, 2013 at 03:14 PM. Reason: dat radix
I turned off the light at the end of the tunnel.
I really like street fighter 2.
There are some flash versions on the internet
I believe there's even a street fighter 2 on facebook.
f=m*a syens
Originally Posted by illv View Post
Thanks, Shook.

I'm gonna put Brutal Doom on my tocheckout list It never occured to me that mods were already a "thing" back then. I got into the whole modding thing a bit late and all of the games I've finished during the 90's were pretty much all vanilla.

I love doom 1+2 I was also really into Heretic during those times.
I enjoyed playing Descent games too but I never finished it. Thanks for reminding me about it.

All this nostalgia, good lord.

Actually, Brutal Doom is a very new thing, i believe it was released for the public in... 2012? Something like that. It also bears the awesome title of "best goddamn mod i ever played for any game, period". It is so good that me and my brother, playing co-op via Zandronum (a source port), keep seeking out new megawads to beat after we finish the one we have at hand. Our list is getting pretty long, and we're not tired yet. :U (also, it's notable that two doomguys with miniguns set to maximum fuck can actually stunlock a cyberdemon to death)

Also, ogod Heretic and Hexen, both Hexens. Good times! The only thing that bothers me about Hexen 2 is that it's ridiculously hard to navigate properly, what with the complete lack of objective markers and such.

Oh yeah, and Dungeon Siege, if it counts for retro (but if the DS does then goddamn Dungeon Siege is retro too). Fairly simple gameplay, but there's just something enjoyable about it. Must be the loot doing that. :U
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Hexen! Yeah the navigation was a little rough but the I thought the game levels were really visually awesome.

I played Dungeon Siege / Dungeon Siege 2 those are great games. DS and Neverwinter Nights were huge back then.
I turned off the light at the end of the tunnel.
Street fighter, Chrono trigger, Super mario
Present to me the most beautiful woman, and I shall reward you with chronos
Originally Posted by Rhaemondzzzkie View Post
Rival Schools

Add a "2" to that & then you'd have the superior game. DREAMCAST MASTER RACE \o/

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Chrono Trigger. The game had something unique to it, or perhaps I felt that way because it was my first RPG game. Still, my top retro game.

Phantasy Star 4: End of the Millenium. Similar to chrono trigger. Awesome unique Sci Fi storyline, anime graphics and not to mention the traditional Phantasy star battle mechanics. Retro gamers better grab this shit if they haven't already.

Shining Force 1 & 2 / Pokemon Red & Blue / Some older titles of Fire Emblem series.
Last edited by Hero; Aug 23, 2013 at 11:05 PM.
ohgod top 3 doesnt exist for me as retro games, there are a ton of good - awesome old games D:
lets start with the SNES.
sure seiken densetsu 3 is my absolute favorite (secret of mana 2 tho)
i would also say secret of mana 1, secret of evermore and terranigma but ive never beat those games rlly so i cant really put them on the list..
also dont forget contra, love this game.
F-Zero caus of awesome soundtracks
actually all SNES game soundtracks are fucking awesome, got a folder where i got EVERY fucking soundtrack from secret of mana.

N64.
well zelda, mainly ooc, ive tried mm but i sucked hard at it, so i didnt liked it rlly.
also prefect dark was great.. also super mario 64 \o/

Gc.
ohwell, one of my most favourite consoles ever.
twilight princess <3 wind waker was good too, pikmin 1 and 2. also cel damage (props pretty unknown.) played this a shitload with a good friend..

Xbox
halo series for sure, dead or alive was great too. ninja gaiden, ugh cant remember more games D: ive played and got a few more.. but dont have them all in my mind..

gameboy shizzels..
well for sure most of the pokemon parts, my all time favorite will be emerald.

PC:
ohwell, age of empires, black and white ( 1 and 2) flat out 2, quake, seven kingdoms 2, stronghold (1, crusader and 2) warcraft 3, battlefield 1942, the elder scrolls morrowind, sacred 1 and 2, spell force 1 and 2..

was probably everything, i hope most of them are conisdered as "retro"..
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
  1. Sonic the hedge hog (sega.......like a boss)
  2. Mario brothers (nes)
  3. Mortal kombat (nes)
For all the lovers out there. You don't know what love is, till you lose it. </3