Toribash
Originally Posted by Mwah View Post
Hello friend. I did not say that it was more or less harder than playing an instrument. I'm implying it is over done these days. Oh, and maybe you just kind of suck at that genre. I mean, I know people who can work in frooty lopz for 10 minutes and make a 'good' dubstep or dnb or whatever you prefer to call it.

Sup pal, and yah I do suck, I'll admit. It's frustrating really how natural some people are when it comes to making beats in fruity loops, but I don't think it's anything that competes with actual market songs. I mean, I can pick up my guitar and play a few chords and make a rift that sounds kinda neat, and call it a rock song. But to make it good, it takes time and effort (and perhaps a pretty bitchen solo). I guess what I'm saying is that, Dubstep and music made on the computer seems easier, because everything lines up and all the sounds are going to be perfect automatically. The real art to making a good Dubstep song, or any song for that mater, is creativity, and uniqueness. Something that's hard to do in any genre. Dubstep isn't dead, just like pop and classic rock isn't dead... just not as.. new. Other genres will spring up and die down keeping the fans of that generation with it. Thus is the circle of musical life.
Originally Posted by MrKapow View Post

Okay. I only use reverb for leads and stuff like that.

Any tips in how to use the Fruity Compressor?

ask doxxy, i don't use compressors - i use limiters. but limiters are bad and i shouldn't use them but they are like a bad habit