Toribash
I think just the fact that in the movie the people are being attacked/harassed when they are most vulnerable *spoiler*when they are sleeping*spoiler* so it effects people more than some other scary movies.
It's not scary, really. Just another average paranormal activity going on. I mean seriously, things like that happening make you feel freaky? That is nowhere near the scariest movie ever.
RIP ∑
master of the universe
After watching the reviews i concluded it to be something like a drawn-out "hunted" episode (which i hate by the way).

I generally don't fancy 'supernatural' oriented horror movies because the only thing they provide me is occasional amusement. Oooh, a merciless demon from the deepest regions of hell, spending a bulk of his time on....walking about someones house, opening and closing doors, flushing the toilet, and doing other trivial things which may unnerve the residents...Ain't that terrifying. And what a great way to spend eternity, too.
If such ghosts/demons did exist, I would suggest they "get a life".

For me real horror movies are The Shining, Misery, and Philosophy of a Knife (mostly due to disturbing historical accuracy).
Last edited by Odlov; Dec 11, 2009 at 08:04 AM.
Simplify watching reviews doesn't give you the full story.
Until you see it for yourself you can't judge if it is scary or not.
I watched it earlier today.
I must admit, I was not scared at all, but it was a good movie anyway.
From what I had heard, I expected some incredibly freaky shit, but it was just another one of those 'meh' movies.
I'd give it a 7/10.
The only parts which were actually interesting to me were the parts where the wierd things were about to happen. Mostly, I enjoyed the movie because I wanted to know what would happen next. There was only one second of the entire 86 minutes that actually registered a response from me.
The people behind me screaming when absolutely nothing was happening was annoying.
Holy Demon
...be afraid

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I haven't seen it, but the thing that amazes me is the fact that it was made for $15 000, but it's made over a hundred million dollars. My friends think it was scary, though.
LIGHTING FROM MY EYES
Most of the movie was basically LOUD NOISE BANG BANG BANG BE SCARED OF IT OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH. It's the cheapest scare method in movies. Yay, let's have silence and stillness so that a really loud noise will make people jump.
So scary.

:I
infamous