Toribash
View Poll Results: When do you think Sony will cease production of the PS2?
1st half of 2010
4 Votes / 16.67%
2nd half of 2010
10 Votes / 41.67%
1st half of 2011
5 Votes / 20.83%
2nd half of 2011
3 Votes / 12.50%
2012 or later (Very Unlikely)
2 Votes / 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

PS2 is already dying, i really don´t think it will last long.
Games that are being made to PS2 already suck, IMO.

But it really suprised me, I didn´t think that it would last so much.
This sig lacks creativity.

True Story.
its dead now there one game a year on it
and now the ps3 is 300 bucks the 360 elite is 279 bucks

so they can buy another console
i heard that Sony guarantees that each of their consoles have a life of 10 years and after that they stop making games for the console.....
i might be wrong
The PS2 was an incredible system. So much as to actually go through three of them. The third in a not-so-good-condition. Still, it's just so legendary. Max Payne 2 was my favorite game for it, including the first.

The PS2 slim was an absolute fail. It overheats like a bitch.
March to the drumming
Show them you're coming
Sigh.

For the record, all PS3s made prior to the 80 gig and a few early models of the 80 gig had full (or close to full) backwards compatibility with the PS2. My late-model 80 gig, the 40 gig, and every single PS3 Slim can't play any PS2 games.

They did it to reduce the sticker price in order to compete with the cheaper (basic model) 360s.
Last edited by CiaoTime; Nov 29, 2009 at 08:46 AM.
Originally Posted by CiaoTime View Post
Sigh.

For the record, all PS3s made prior to the 80 gig and a few early models of the 80 gig had full (or close to full) backwards compatibility with the PS2. My late-model 80 gig, the 40 gig, and every single PS3 Slim can't play any PS2 games.

They did it to reduce the sticker price in order to compete with the cheaper (basic model) 360s.

Googled it and your completely right my bad and all of sony's systems have a 10 yr cycle which means the keep support for that console for 10 yrs and then they stop making it that would put the ps2's end at the end of this year. but I think the system won't meet it's true end meaning gamestop won't even take used games from ps2 till next year.I plan on being around when gamestop throws away all it's ps2 games though. $$$
I'm on a quest to make a clan that will rival the power of [rawr] any name ideas? PM me
Never. I love my ps2, people still love their ps2's. Never gonna let it happen. ps3 sucks in comparison.
|11:33| »» [shark] so you're saying that you just paid 80 euros for pussy
|11:33| »» [Quit] [x] shark [pee@NUP-6C9C98D4.elisa-laajakaista.fi] [Quit:]